Big Brother 21 - OAD Sunday 07/07/2019 (S21E06)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeekiM, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Jul 8, 2019 #1 of 22
    MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Wow... so Ovi’s power is “dormant”...

I love all the scrambling to get back in favor with the two “evictees”.

David’s response when Kathryn said that there were no alliances was great ...

Love the little “showmance” jingle when Michie and Jack were hugging.

Holly is giving me a Janeane Garafalo vibe.

Snake comp gave me the willies. It seemed like a pretty easy challenge that was mostly designed to have you overcome any fears you have with snakes. All of them seemed to get the job done pretty quickly. I wish they compared their times. It would have been interesting to see the spread of the completion times.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  2. Jul 8, 2019 #2 of 22
    Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I like the new challenges. At least they are different from the same old stuff. As far as this group of house-guests, i'm really rooting for anyone not aligned to the group of "pretty people" They seem much more self absorbed than the usual group of pretty people and really don't like anyone "different". No surprise who Jack put up. I could have guessed that from the minute he got HoH. And for someone who was pushing last week to get the HoH to vote the way the "team" wanted to vote, I don't recall him even consulting the team in his choices (I don't watch any live feeds).

3. Jul 8, 2019 #3 of 22
    MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    I had MAJOR eye rolling when Jack came up to console David and Ovi in their Camp Comeback room :rolleyes:

4. Jul 8, 2019 #4 of 22
    MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Nicole's comment about the Fiji travel price was cute... She's got no one to go with!

5. Jul 8, 2019 #5 of 22
    series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    It was interesting - production had Jack slowly, clearly explaining the reasons for nominating who he did over and over. Definitely by design, it also seemed like it may have been scripted for him.

6. Jul 8, 2019 #6 of 22
    gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    That's definitely surprising that Ovi's power is back in play if he returns to the game. Too bad he told those guys about it.

LlamaLarry likes this.
  7. Jul 8, 2019 #7 of 22
    forecheck

forecheck Active Member

Aug 5, 2000
    Roseville, CA

I am pretty sure they did. I don't have the
    episode anymore, and all I can find online is Jack's at 49 seconds, but I thought as each person got the red light it showed their time. If I remember correctly, I think the highest was in the low 2 minutes.

[​IMG]

8. Jul 8, 2019 #8 of 22
    MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Wow... How did I miss that! I also deleted the episode from my Now Playing list. Maybe it is still in my deleted folder... I'll have to go and check when I get home...

9. Jul 8, 2019 #9 of 22
    series5orpremier

Jul 5, 2013
    That’s a picture of a different comp, not the snake comp. Sam said he thought he finished it in 15-20 seconds tops, so whoever beat him had to blast right through it.

10. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man-also TCF Club

Sep 14, 2003
    Northern VA
    That was the snake comp. Everyone was back in their individual rooms for the time reveal.

LlamaLarry and jcondon like this.
  11. jcondon

jcondon Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2003
    I think it is a picture of the snake comp. Jackson was only in that comp and doing the stupid shooting of guns nonsense. I don't think the times were there as they rang in but they were later as they reviews each person one at a time. Pretty sure he had that goofy stars shirt on as well.

Not sold he is a racist (also not convinced he isn't). But I am sold that he is an arse. Hope they are smart enough to take him out before the season gets too far along.

Steveknj likes this.
  12. series5orpremier

Jul 5, 2013
    Yes it is. They showed Sam as 1:22. I didn’t catch the times on the screen originally, but Sam did say that.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  13. MauriAnne

MauriAnne Mostly lurking

Sep 20, 2002
    NC
    According to Morty's BB page, Sam had a time of 1:22, Holly had 1:41, Michie had 1:51, Tommy had 2:10, and Jack won with a time of 1:15.

MikeekiM likes this.
  14. hefe

hefe Rebus Philbin

Dec 5, 2000
    CO via Chi-town
    I have the recording right here...
    Tommy: 2:10
    Sam: 1:22
    Holly: 1:41
    Michie: 1:51
    Jack: 0:49

tivotvaddict and MikeekiM like this.
  15. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    Is Tommy the most annoying player ever? Every time he talks he sounds like a highschooler delivering his lines in a school play.

LlamaLarry and stellie93 like this.
  16. realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    It’s the scripted DRs. He’s actually one of the least annoying when not in performance mode in the DR.

jeetkunedo likes this.
  17. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    They showed a few different behind the scenes stories this week, including the Clingy Kat one. I couldn't decide if her climbing in the hammock with Jack and Holly was super-villain because she knows the tide has turned or if she's just that clueless. I'm leaning to just that clueless, but I don't watch the comps.

Why would Bella run to the Gr8ful about the girl's alliance? She should know alliances change, so it isn't a bad idea to have the Black Widow alliance in her back pocket if the 8 fall out. It wasn't like she was being questioned about her loyalty to the 8 (at least not on the show).

Glad Jack's power isn't nearly as powerful as Ovi's is.

18. jcondon

jcondon Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Probably not even in the top 10 for me. This years Sam (yells too much). Jessie and 2 or 3 of his minions, Aaryn Gries (racist), JC (borderline sexual offender IMO), Josh, Paul Abrams, Bayleigh, Gina Marie Zimmerman, Chima, Frankie Grande, Willie Hantz (purposely headbutted another contestant).

verdugan and Steveknj like this.
  19. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Yeah, Kat really likes Michie (even though she likes to say that she doesn't care). She clearly cares. And I think her climbing into the hammock was to try and sabotage Michie's attempt to get with Holly. I don't see the appeal of Michie (but then again, I am not a twenty-something single female. Thank goodness.)

And as you've said, the most successful players involve themselves in multiple alliances. I am not sure why Bella seems so intent on being so dedicated to Gr8ful. She's putting all her eggs in one basket. And I was a little surprised that she was okay with throwing Kemi under the bus. Last week, she was trying to protect her.

gweempose and tivotvaddict like this.
  20. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    Loved the "I'm a brain sucker and I'm starving" joke on Michie.