1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Brother 20 - Thursday 9/13/18

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by joleary, Sep 13, 2018.

1. joleary

joleary Member

Aug 25, 2017
    "From outside the Big Brother house, I'm Julie Chen Moonves". She's never used that name as far as I remember.

Was that a statement or a jab at CBS?

2. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    yes.

3. joleary

joleary Member

Aug 25, 2017
    Stand by your man...even when he's a predator..#somuchforthemetoomovement.

4. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    Follow the severance payment.

5. ufo4sale

ufo4sale Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Somerset NJ...
    I thought I was the only that caught that. Doesn't look good for her.:(

6. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    But the funnier thing is that she said "From outside the Big Brother house with Brent, I'm Julie Chen Moonves"! LOL

verdugan, SoBelle0 and NorthAlabama like this.
  7. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    That was a shocker when she said that. Wow.

Is this the first time they've had the house-guests already miked when they come out to her? Usually they have to spend a minute showing the house reactions while they put a different wireless on them. But tonight Chenbot was able to start talking right away.

8. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I caught it too. Made me wonder a bit about what she's about. Does Julie know about his alleged indiscretions and doesn't care? Do they have an open marriage? Did she marry him because he could move along her career? Or, is HE being setup and she thinks the allegations are false (I doubt this one, but who knows)? Or maybe that's part of their pre-nup, she has to stand by him. I just don't think we know everything about this situation yet to draw a conclusion.

About the show. It was a nice blindside. I thought for sure JC was going. Does Tyler trust JC much more than Brett? Does Tyler think he can beat JC at the end? He's never won a comp. But he's also trying to be everyone's friend, a strategy that can work, and he could point to some things he thinks he did that influenced the game (never mind that the stuff he was mostly suggesting was stuff that was already decided on).

JC has already been warned 2x for sexual misconduct in the house, but the HG, especially Tyler has gone to bat for him to stay. I wonder if that's a strategy Tyler has figuring that keeping him in the house, gives hm an easy person to beat at the end.

9. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I can't imaging it's about the money. Pre-nup or not, I'm quite certain Julie could divorce him right now and be set for life. Even if she got nothing from him, she's made a ton of money herself between BB and The Talk. Regardless of her motivations, her sign off last night is a pretty strong statement that she is, at least for the time being, standing by her husband. Unfortunately for us BB fans, I fear this may not bode well for the future of the show.

10. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Could you do the show without Julie? I think, unlike Survivor where Jeff runs the show and has a lot of influence over what happens, I've never felt that about Julie. She does her Thursday bit and does the post eviction interview and does some MC-ing during the competitions, but during the rest of the week, not sure how much influence she has. Maybe someone who watches the live feeds can shed some light. So, while it would be weird watching someone else host, I think it's possible to have someone host without losing what the game is. I don't think you could have Survivor without Jeff.

Like I said, i don't know anything about their marriage, but I think for most of us, the types of things he's accused of would give me pause and I would more than likely either lay low or come out against him. But maybe it's always been a "Hollywood" marriage where the types of things he has done is just a given, and that infidelity is just assumed. Maybe she has some skeletons in her own closet.

NOTE: I'm sure there are plenty of monogamous Hollywood marriages, so I don't mean to insinuate that this is even a case of adultery. I'm talking about the stereotypical Hollywood marriage.

gweempose likes this.
  11. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Glad to see that Bret said he understood the move. Pissed/frustrated that it happened, but understands it.

Steveknj and gweempose like this.
  12. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    It was really interesting how it played out on TV. Angela saying JC to Tyler and Kaycee and then saying Sam to Brett. I was wondering if they were trying to pin a stray vote on Brett, but they were actually talking about using the veto on JC.

13. gweempose

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I absolutely agree that Julie is much more expendable than Probst. Jeff is an integral part of Survivor, and the show would never be the same without him. They could easily replace Julie, but I'd still miss her.

stellie93 likes this.
  14. gweempose

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    Finally, an interesting and unpredictable episode. It was great to see one of the Level 6 alliance get blindsided. Brett was absolutely stunned!

tivotvaddict likes this.
  15. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    You could see he was stunned and angry, but he calmed down and realized it was game play.

16. realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    No idea about their marriage, but she was an employee of CBS, hosting Big Brother, and he was married when they first got together.

She is replaceable though if she wants to quit. She’s just a host. She doesn’t do anything else backstage as far as I know.

NorthAlabama and Steveknj like this.
  17. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    I didn't know that guy was her husband--not in the loop I guess and don't really care. If she had always used his name, I could see her keeping it or dropping it, but adding it????? Weird.

I've never liked Brett much, but he handled it well. That would be so hard to do--you know they liked him probably way more than some who are left. Game play sucks.

18. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    I LOL'd when Brett begged the HGs not to send him to see Blockstar.

brianric and Steveknj like this.
  19. realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I just remembered that while Julie doesn’t do much, Les actually had a hand in the show as he had final approval over the cast. I know the returnees in S13 were last minute additions because he didn’t like that cast. And he made comments on the S17 cast having several duds. Maybe with Les (& Julie?) gone we won’t have any more mixed seasons with returnees and new players.

20. DVR_Dave

DVR_Dave Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    And hopefully we never see Paul again.

Steveknj, ufo4sale, verdugan and 5 others like this.