1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Brother 20 - OAD Wednesday 08/08/2018

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeekiM, Aug 9, 2018.

1. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Loved the Queen Bae backdoor!

Though I have to admit, the whole Angela speech about revealing the anonymous hacker was a bit cringeworthy...

Man, Scotty is a competition beast!

And what was up with that whole prize swapping scenario at the end? Very simple folks...haven't you seen this comp before? Let Scotty give the $5,000 to Angela for the Veto...and then let Tyler give the 'tard booby prize to Scotty for the veto... Easy peezy... I can't see how they screwed that up!

verdugan likes this.
  2. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    Angela only wanted the veto for the speech to out the "hacker". Tonight should be interesting.

gweempose and LlamaLarry like this.
  3. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I think Tyler wanted to continue to keep Scotty on his side, so he let him keep the money, and she also took a leap of faith that Angela, being part of his alliance would take him down, and I'm sure that was discussed off camera a lot. I think Tyler was playing to the camera with his decision. I think it was all an act to help blindside Bay. Hayleigh must feel charmed in some way, but she said she felt guilty about Bay going up over something she did. It's a game!! If Bay didn't walk around all high and mighty all the time, maybe they wouldn't have thought it was her. In some respects, I think they wanted to believe it was her, and they had their "proof". I wonder if Hayleigh will come clean.

4. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I agree with you about her motivation, but that hardly seems worth giving up a guaranteed five grand.

5. gweempose

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I don't know what Hayleigh was thinking picking Kaycee for the veto comp. Having someone from her alliance win the veto comp was much more important than trying to potentially hide her identity as the hacker. Even if she picked Fessy to play in the comp, people still wouldn't have known it was her. That being said, you gotta give Level Six a lot of credit. They played the other side of the house like a fiddle. Not only did they make Bayleigh feel safe, but they also planted the seed that ultimately made Hayleigh pick Kaycee in the comp.

6. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Besides being completely wrong about the identity of the hacker, it was actually a beautiful set of circumstances to watch...
    • Gaining Bayleigh's trust and making her feel safe
    • Planting the Kaycee POV suggestion to influence Bayleigh as the presumed hacker
    • Bayleigh unknowingly influencing the real hacker that Kaycee was the best candidate for POV
    • The POV selection process where Angela got her "confirmation" that Bayleigh was indeed, the hacker
    • The VETO competition...Wow...that was competitive and intense!
    • The visible "deal" that Angela made to Tyler to pull him off the block in front of Bayleigh, and her confusion, since Angela made it clear that she wanted noms to stay the same.
    • Angela's VETO speech. I bet her speech made (in the moment) Bayleigh feel very safe, and Haleigh feel very nervous
    • The look on Bayleigh's face when she was put on the block
    All great BB television moments...all in one episode... Loved it...

Update: Oh, and did I mention that I love Kaycee's nut costume? Love the costume, love the oversized dumbells... Love the fact that she needs to sing a jingle... She is such a good sport...

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Steveknj likes this.
  7. gweempose

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    Yeah, it a was a great sequence of events. My heart was actually pounding during the veto competition. If Tyler didn't win it there was a very good chance he would go home.

8. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    I don't think so. I think scottie was being sincere in that he would use it to take tyler off and keep them both safe.

9. gweempose

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    True, but Tyler wouldn't make the deal with him, so Scottie was free to do what ever he wanted if he won.