1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Brother 20 - OAD Thursday 08/09/2018

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeekiM, Aug 10, 2018.

1. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Wow... I was a little shocked that Hayleigh ended up telling Bayleigh that she was the hacker... Was also surprised that Bayleigh (as a "friend") didn't encourage Hayleigh to keep her secret and not blow up her own game... She had to know that she was already done...

The house meeting... Yikes! Was Bayleigh bleeding from the mouth? I thought I caught sight of some blood on the side of her mouth and on her teeth like she might have bit her cheek or her tongue during her yelling and screaming...

I have to say, she cleaned up well... Wow, she looked like an entirely different person on eviction night...

Hayleigh needed the HoH win, or she was the next to go... Glad she has the chance to repair her game...not sure she can, but at least she has another week to try and make something happen... I haven't been a big FAUTE fan, but I do tend to cheer for the underdog, and Hayleigh is the definition of an underdog at this point...

2. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    I initially thought Bayleigh had been sucking on a cherry lozenge, but as the argument progressed the red moved to her teeth. So it looked it she bit her tongue or something. Dang.

Julie seemed to be wearing some new jewelry. Wonder where she got that. :D

LlamaLarry likes this.
  3. realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    She did bite her cheek or tongue. There was a lot of blood. Originally, she thought she lost a tooth.

4. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    So Haleigh votes to evict Bayleigh, and Sam votes for Rock Star? Weird...

5. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    The only thing Haleigh accomplished was feeling less guilty while making herself a target. I guess that matters since she has to live with it, but she has now put herself into a bad game position. I really wish they could have shown Bayleigh the recording of Tyler asking if Angela was going up instead of telling her (because she's a sequestered jury member), but even if she sees it I'm not sure if she will understand. She really thinks Tyler was asking her to put up Angela.

6. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    It's hard to imagine how Hayleigh could have handled the whole hacker thing any worse.
    Yeah, I don't get that one at all. Hayleigh risked her entire game just to clear Bayleigh's name, and then she turns around and votes her out. Obviously, a lot of stuff must have went down that we didn't see.

7. NJChris

NJChris Kermie Loves Elmo TCF Club

May 11, 2001
    Huntington...
    That blood was freaking me out!

8. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    Bayleigh was so very out of control. Listening to her voice get more and more shrill and watching the red blood start to spread in her mouth was just painful to watch.

I hope Hayleigh doesn't get HOH-itis like everyone else has so far. If so, she may be able to repair her game.

LlamaLarry likes this.
  9. gweempose

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    Yeah, that was some scary stuff. She looked like a crazed vampire!

10. gweempose

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I'm glad Hayleigh won HoH. She really needed it after the previous week. I'm guessing she will target Tyler, but the reality is that her nominations matter much less with the hacker award in play.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  11. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Yeah...as mentioned earlier, the hacker has too much power... I thought i heard Julie say (last night) that the next hacker is the final hacker...so this power won't be around for long... It was an interesting twist, but I think it's way too much... The hacker should be able to choose between the three powers, not have all three powers...

Steveknj, LlamaLarry and gweempose like this.
  12. andyw715

andyw715 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007
    If I was Tyler I would have said to Bey "Whatever, Satan-girl"

brianric likes this.
  13. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    I really don't see where all the tears and guilt come from--IT'S A GAME. And she had no idea she was hurting her ally. It would have been nice if Bay had kept her mouth shut to help her friend's game, but did anyone really think that would happen????

What is the deal with everyone wishing someone happy birthday when they vote? They can't have that many friends and relations with birthdays in these 3 months. :confused:

LlamaLarry and Steveknj like this.
  14. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I know I'm late and Sunday happened, but a few comments:

I have never been in the house, but it always amazes me how quickly most HG forget that IT'S A GAME! I guess if you spend 24/7 with people and you become friendly with certain ones, it can feel personal. But the best players are always the ones who keep their head straight and remember it's a game. I think Bay, at the end of the day may have realized it. She came across that way with Julie. But it was too late. I also think Haileigh voted Bay out realizing that at least she'd give the appearance of going with the HoH. Maybe Bay told her to do it, when she saw the writing on the wall.

There are two trends with BB that are really starting to get on my last nerve. One is that EVERY HG now has to tell Julie:

1) How beautiful she is
    2) How pretty her outfit is.
    3) Some other flattering comment.

It almost feels like it's rehearsed. Maybe some ex-HG leaked something that if you do this, you might get some special favor? I've never felt that Julie has the kind of influence on BB that Probst does on Survivor. So I'm really not sure what the point of all this fake flattery is.

The other is as you mentioned, this whole thanking their family, friends, 3rd cousin twice removed or whatever. It was cute the first time, but now? It's overboard. Obviously it can be stopped pretty easily. Producers tell them not to do it, and if they repeatedly do it, they are gone. You can see Julie getting annoyed with it too. She'll say something like "I need your vote" to get them moving.

lynncosbm and stellie93 like this.
  15. jcondon

jcondon Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2003
    The producers really don't want to boot players. Especially over trivial stuff like that. In the past when a house guest wanted to self evict they (production) would go out of their way to try and talk the player out of that. About all the could do really is probably make them a have not or something.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  16. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I get that. Maybe rather than boot them punish them? They can't compete in a veto challenge for instance, or they become a have-not.

BTW, what happened to the Have-not? Why don't they just get rid of it altogether. They show it once early in the season, and then never again. Is it still done weekly? Do they have comps? Seems pretty pointless to even have it now.

17. realityboy

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    They did it for most of the season. I don’t think there are any now (or last week). Maybe it’s over. Other than one week where the last place finishers in HOH were Have Nots, the HOH picked Have Nots and this group all volunteered on a rotating basis. Completely pointless.

18. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    I think they have edited out all of the regular logistics of the game to make more room for other content.

I believe they still do the whole “who wants to see my HoH room” bit with all the dressings including photos and letters from home. I believe they still have the whole have-not punishments. We just don’t seem it on camera. Maybe the live feed folks can confirm.

I kinda miss the HoH bringing out the big wheel with everyone’s keys in a sad and demented way... LOL...

gweempose and jcondon like this.
  19. realityboy

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Pretty much. Those things always happen so they leave them out if there are more interesting things to show. Same for veto pleas. They’ll cut those if they need to, but hgs always make them.

20. MauriAnne

MauriAnne Mostly lurking

Sep 20, 2002
    NC
    I seem to remember we see the HoH room reveal during weeks when they're aren't many houseguests and there's very little drama. I don't miss them, but I miss the big nomination wheel too !!

LlamaLarry likes this.