Big Brother 20 - OAD 7/4/2018 (Wednesday)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by RichardHead, Jul 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Jul 5, 2018 #1 of 36
    RichardHead

RichardHead Musical Klutz

Nov 16, 2003
    Hollywood,...

Advertisements

This is the first time in twenty seasons that I find myself doing other things rather than pay full attention to the show.

I don't find the cast or their game play worth my time though I will continue watching.

Shaggy B/Swaggy C/"I'm the greatest" is just awful! What an idiot!

The whole cast is boring! How about bringing in normal people rather than these muscle heads and wanna be models?

2. Jul 5, 2018 #2 of 36
    tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    They seemed to have really upped the intensity factor this season. Actual live snakes? Electric shocks? Even the hamazon seems like a lot.

3. Jul 5, 2018 #3 of 36
    RichardHead

Nov 16, 2003
    Hollywood,...
    I just read that aside from being a boring cast onscreen, there is blatant racism and unwanted sexual touching offscreen.

Time to start screening these people a bit deeper!

4. Jul 5, 2018 #4 of 36
    realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Just to touch on that. The blatant racism was one girl describing her own tan as “ghetto”. The touching was in jest and everyone laughed about it. Both things are wrong, but I feel they’ve been blown out of proportion this year. The hgs involved have been reprimanded.

5. Jul 5, 2018 #5 of 36
    RichardHead

Nov 16, 2003
    Hollywood,...

Advertisements

What I read didn't seem so "jest" full after they got to the third person and the ice cream scoop. CBS has tried to make things seem less serious than it really was in other seasons.

Have to find someone who actually saw it!

6. Jul 5, 2018 #6 of 36
    realityboy

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I’ve watched both incidents of touching. He was absolutely in the wrong. But also clearly just horsing around inappropriately, and none of the houseguests complained.

Edit: here ya go

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  7. Jul 5, 2018 #7 of 36
    Squeak

Squeak Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 12, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    And I am not sure the "ghetto tan" comment from Angela should be characterized as "blatant racism" (which the OP did). It was a dumb comment, and no doubt what would be labeled a "micro-aggression", but I don't believe there was any racist intent behind her comment -- she just didn't think through the real meaning of it.

8. Jul 5, 2018 #8 of 36
    realityboy

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    None of this was on or ever will be on the episode so we probably shouldn’t talk about it here. I did include the touching video above so people can make their own decisions about that if they want.

As for the episode, that first veto was intense. I wonder what other comps we’ll see this season.

9. Jul 5, 2018 #9 of 36
    jcondon

jcondon Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Isn't the tail end of that video sexual assault of some kind pretty much under any circumstance? No way would that fly most anywhere else. If she objected to it I could see that being a sexual assault charge.

10. realityboy

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    The end of the video, when Tyler is lying down, or the end of the ice-cream scoop video? I know Tyler was asked in private if he felt uncomfortable and he said he was ok. I’m assuming the same was done for the women in the ice cream scooper incident. BB scolded the perpetrator and further incidents will not be tolerated.

11. jcondon

Jul 9, 2003
    No 55 seconds or so. Where he rubs the front of the woman lying down crotch. She is wearing black pants. I don't have the volume on but not sure which house guest that is.

12. realityboy

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    That’s not a woman. That’s Tyler.

13. jcondon

Jul 9, 2003
    Guess JC is lucky Tyler doesn't want to make an issue out of it. Still seems like it could easily be sexual assault.

14. realityboy

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    For sure, if anyone complained, I think he’s out, but they laughed about it and didn’t seem to mind. Hopefully he adheres to the rules going forward. I don’t think he gets another warning regardless.

15. tivotvaddict

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    It would be really difficult for anyone to complain in this situation, in private or not. Lots of reasons why this would be difficult. These contestants not only need to live with the other contestants - a very small group mind you - 24/7 for three months. Additionally, the whole purpose is to get the other contestants to like you in order to win the prize money. Those are some pretty significant barriers to complaining in any fashion.

Steveknj likes this.
  16. realityboy

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    In private when specifically asked about it in the dr knowing that the offending party will likely be booted seems pretty safe. It’s not unheard of for houseguests to complain about inappropriate behavior. It happens often. (Last year’s butt-poking, the previous year’s butt slapping, etc.) We can’t know for sure, but I genuinely don’t think there are any hard feelings over this from the houseguests. CBS on the other hand does not seem happy and will take action if anything similar happens again.

17. tivotvaddict

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    JC certainly is, as one of the podcasters likes to say, "extra." :p

I'm vaguely recalling one instance of someone getting kicked out in previous seasons and that was after a protracted conflict with production. The final straw was when she threw her microphone in the hot tub. Or am I remembering that incorrectly? Perhaps the person didn't get kicked out for that? Have there been any other instances I'm not remembering/aware of?

18. realityboy

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    That’s it almost exactly. Chima threw her mic in the hot tub. She was mad that her HOH was overturned by Jeff’s coup d’etat.

Willie got kicked out for head butting Joe in S14.

Justin got kicked out for holding a knife to Krista’s throat in S2 (they were drunk & this was flirting). This is also why they now have plastic knives.

Scott got kicked out after he threw a chair in S4.

I think that’s it for expulsions. Neil left under mysterious circumstances in S9. Dick either left or was kicked out in S13 after he was found to be HIV+. Last year Megan quit.

19. jcondon

Jul 9, 2003
    Maybe this why I wasn't very good at flirting. Never thought to pull a knife on someone. :eek:

They certainly find some real trash from time to time.

20. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    I'm old and don't get all these things--if the term "ghetto" is considered racist, are we saying that only African Americans live in ghettos? That in itself seems racist as well as untrue. :confused:

That was a really long veto challenge--are they all going to have so many different parts?