Big Brother 19 - OAD 8/3/2017 (Thursday)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeekiM, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Aug 4, 2017 #1 of 34
    MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area

Advertisements

Doesn't surprise me that Jessica used the hex... It was the smart thing to do for her game...

Wasn't a fan of the schoolyard bullying that ensued after she told Paul that she was going to use the hex. That was pretty uncomfortable for me to watch...and Matt seemed pretty embarrassed for them as well... How do these people go back to their friends, families and co-workers?

Josh as HoH? Hmm... Should be an interesting week...

2. Aug 4, 2017 #2 of 34
    dthmj

dthmj Hinky TCF Club

Mar 12, 2002
    Texas
    I just watched both Wednesday and Thursday episodes back to back, and don't remember what I saw in which episode.

Anyway - I started to feel sorry for Cody. But I've come back to reality now.

Best quote - "That's why I don't have a girlfriend"

Crobinzine and stellie93 like this.
  3. Aug 4, 2017 #3 of 34
    Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I didn't like turn-it-up-to-a-30 Paul from the start and now I really don't like him.
    These are the kind of people who would eat their young.
    They should all be embarrassed.

That toolbar Josh winning HoH is the last thing I want to spend 3 hours watching this week.

4. Aug 4, 2017 #4 of 34
    loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    Why oh why didn't Paul use the veto on Jessica? That seemed like the obvious thing to me to keep her on board with not using the hex. I guess her flippant comment "World peace" must have irked him. But still, if he took her off the block it would have shown that he was at least not targeting her. Oh well, we have to put up with another week of Cody's childish insecurity. But of course that's eclipsed by Josh.

5. Aug 4, 2017 #5 of 34
    Cainebj

Nov 10, 2006
    New York

Advertisements

I think by the time they got to the veto competition that deal between Paul and Jess was already dead.

6. Aug 4, 2017 #6 of 34
    loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    Still it doesn't cost anything to use the veto on Jess. If she uses the hex it's a moot point anyway. Using the veto on her *might* make her not use it.

7. Aug 4, 2017 #7 of 34
    lambertman

lambertman I am not Bertman

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    I just watched a 28-year-old woman screaming at a 26-year-old woman about hiding her cat ear headband, and now I kinda wanna die.

Crobinzine, NorthAlabama and worachj like this.
  8. Aug 4, 2017 #8 of 34
    DVR_Dave

DVR_Dave Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    Clarification ... another week of Paul as the real HOH.

And another week of Jess and Cody on the block.

NorthAlabama likes this.
  9. Aug 4, 2017 #9 of 34
    Cainebj

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    Yes - I am assuming everyone will play the temptation challenge just to try to keep Cody and Jess from winning it. If either of them does win, then the other would have to win the veto competition. Unless those 2 things happen. Jody is outta there.

10. Squeak

Squeak Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 12, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    He didn't use the veto on Jessica because the plan was if she didn't use the Hex to vote her out.

11. Squeak

Squeak Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 12, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    The funny thing is that Jess didn't even do it!

12. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Jess was channeling Ariana Grande last night...especially with those cat ears...LOL!

13. NJChris

NJChris Kermie Loves Elmo TCF Club

May 11, 2001
    Huntington...
    These people are so dumb. Do ANY of them mention that they know paul is manipulating them? They all sit around him like sheep. Eating up every word he says. It's really pathetic. And they believe EVERY word even tho they have seen him do this in his season. DUMB DUMB DUMB.

And how dare Jessica not do what he wants! So let's act like a child and set OTHERS to torture Jess & Cody.

Matt saying he didn't like what they were doing, yet did NOTHING to stop it.

14. BrandonRe

BrandonRe Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yeah- Usually there are at least a couple people in the house that seem like decent human beings. Like people you might actually not mind hanging out and having a drink with. This year, I'm not seeing it. Closest I'm seeing is Matt and Kevin at this point, and neither one has the guts to stand up to bullying. I'm hoping with Mark's DR discussion this week about how he was bullied and it hurts him to see it, some switch gets flipped and he stands up and shuts it down. I think he could do it if he wanted- although he is caught in between alliances, I think they like him well enough on a personal level that he would have their attention. But I know I'm dreaming. Instead the bullying will go on and I will get more and more tired of it.

15. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    at this point in the game, the majority of the house is handing paul the win, and don't appear to know it - i'm guessing they won't realize how difficult it will be to get him out until it's too late.

16. KyleLC

KyleLC Unregistered User

Feb 6, 2002
    Sugar Land, TX
    "That's why I'm single."

17. SoBelle0

SoBelle0 Go Big Blue!!

Jun 25, 2002
    Decatur, GA
    Why was Jess even wearing the ears? I couldn't figure out how we got from her being blamed for hiding them (which, seriously, of all the immature things to yell about) to wearing them on the live show?

Josh winning was the worst outcome. Ugh! So, he'll take Cody out. Whatever. Paul needs to be the one to go. Agreed with above, these sheep are playing this game for him.

18. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    with two immunity comps yet to come (temptation immunity & veto), i'm not convinced cody or jess are in immediate danger...yet...

19. Cainebj

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I don't think that is true. Right now they are all rallying against Jody. I am willing to bet that after Cody and Jess are gone someone will step up to take out Paul. I can hope.

20. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    but isn't the plan to remove of jody falling right into paul's plan? i would hope alex would step up, but there are no signs (yet).