Big Brother 19 - OAD 7/23/2017 (Sunday)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeekiM, Jul 24, 2017.

1. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area

Advertisements

Wow... It's hard to believe that Kevin stayed alive in that competition for all of 17 seconds, and the top contenders were battling it out at over 2 hours and 20 minutes!

Cody and Jessica were friggin' competition beasts in this one. They needed it, and they stayed in it. Good for them! I am not fans of theirs, but I have to give them props. The disadvantaged doled out during the challenge were pretty lame, but I guess they were meant to distract in a challenge that was all about concentration. It was highly amusing to see Cody and Jessica (mostly Cody) get all of the disadvantages. Each person who was out exclaimed "I love you Cody...but..." LOL...

Man, Josh is too much!!! What a meatball! LOL... My daughter loves him though...mostly because he's good TV and causes a lot of drama...

Gotta hand it to Christmas... She was on one leg and outlasted almost all of her houseguests. I was really hoping she would take the win!

2. TriBruin

TriBruin Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL
    I loved the editing between the DR and the competition. The producers cut the HGs (Kevin, Elana, and Paul) off mid-sentence in the DR to emphasize how short they really lasted.

I agree that Cody and Jessica were beasts in the competition (along with Christmas). They knew they were the odd team out and had to win and stuck it out. I didn't like them a few weeks ago, but I would like to see them stay around for a few more weeks as they seem to be one of the few HGs that are actually playing the game. Nearly everyone else have just become sheep for Paul. (The only others that I see playing a game right now are Christmas and Alex.) They have AT LEAST another week after this in the house (if Jessica has to use her halting hex.)

I wonder what the consequence for Jessica accepting the halting hex will be. They said it would affect the whole house.

No, Josh can go home now. To me he is like a 10 year old school ground bully. When he thinks he is protected he talks a lot of Sh*t. But, when he is under attack he goes and cries in the DR. He does not have what it takes for this game.

Yep, she is another one that I am really beginning to root for. I don't think she can win (would any other HG want to sit next to her for the final vote?).

3. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    She's a moderate celebrity in her own right... I was watching Shark Tank reruns from this season, and back in May there was an update on a portable gym system that she was a spokesperson for, and apparently she has a pretty big social media following long before Big Brother... She's obviously not an A-list celebrity...but she has her fanbase...

4. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I am actually glad Jess won HoH.
    That competition was hard to watch - the clear nasty hatred from Josh and the gang up on both of them. I think it went beyond game play. I don't see how either of them can win unless they win every pivotal competition that keeps them from being evicted and/or they develop a new alliance - but every other houseguest seems to be just telling them what they think they should to stay safe this week.

I also find it interesting that Cody in essence is in the same exact position Paul was when he came into the house and they are basically doing to him what he did to Paul but no one seems to recognize that.

AbbyDrinkin likes this.
  5. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey

Advertisements

I won't comment again on Paul and his sheep. 'nuff said.

I don't get why they would put up Ramses. For all his warts, Josh is still part of the alliance, but Ramses isn't. If it turns out to be a choice between those two, I would think that Ramses goes home. Why not just put Paul up? We know that's their goal, and if worst comes to worst, Paul pulls himself off the block, they try and get Josh out or someone else in the alliance. The only thing I can think of is they intend on pulling Ramses after the POV. Which I guess makes sense, but stranger things have happened and you have to plan for that. Putting Paul up seemed to me to be a no lose for them.

One thing about BB in general that I always wondered. While the comps are going on, they have the houseguests in the DR talking about the comp as if it's happening at the same time. I KNOW they don't pull them in mid stream, but I wonder how they get them to (mostly) talk about it that way so convincingly? Must be LOTS of rehearsal.

6. AbbyDrinkin

AbbyDrinkin Active Member

Apr 18, 2016
    TX
    This. I didn't really like Cody, but I so hate Josh and was so glad Cody and Jessica one, but did feel bad for Christmas

7. brianric

brianric Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    Josh reminds me of the Cowardly Lion in the Wizard of Oz who when gets confronted with his taunts breaks down and cries.

8. Frylock

Frylock Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Just West...
    The best part of this episode was Kevin wrapping himself in plastic wrap. So odd.

verdugan likes this.
  9. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    lol I forgot about that. You're right, so odd. "I don't sleep well" :D

10. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    it's an old, disproven, do-it-yourself weight loss fad (he's not even doing it right), someone should point him to google:

upload_2017-7-24_14-6-39.png

11. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    The problem with putting Paul up is that they don't think the others would vote him out. You could put him up with Josh, and Josh would go home, but why irritate Paul further if he's not leaving?

10_pearljam likes this.
  12. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    Cody and Jess discussed this. Jess was saying something like she had to plan for the veto NOT being won and the nominations staying the same and I think she said or implied that Ramses is so much on his own, the rest of the house would possibly not vote him out.

I don't agree with it - they could have put someone else up from Paul's team so there is no choice but to vote for Josh. Not to mention - Ramses does pretty good in competitions - I think he was 3rd to go down before Christmas and Jess.

Of course, none of this matters until the PoV.

13. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    My thoughts exactly. The way it is now, Ramses goes home unless Paul's alliance totally blows up. Now, Paul could throw Josh under the bus, because he's a loose cannon. I could see that happening. But Josh IS a vote for his side, so not sure he's willing to do that yet with Ramses up on the block.

The thing about Paul though, despite what he says and what Cody and him talked about, they both know that they are both full of it (and Cody knows this from watching him last season). The question is, could he talk others in the house to vote him out? So if not Paul, why not Elena? Force them to vote out Josh.

14. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    I just assumed everyone would be happy to get rid of Josh. Yeah, he's on their side now, but he's too crazy to count on in an important vote. And he takes too much maintenance.

15. 10_pearljam

10_pearljam Member

Dec 27, 2005
    But to keep him for a big blindside and have him around to annoy Cody is a good thing...lol

16. verdugan

verdugan Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    Totally this. I can't stand him. He needs to go.

17. 10_pearljam

10_pearljam Member

Dec 27, 2005
    He's crying as you type that.

verdugan and stellie93 like this.
  18. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    why is josh still here. is it cause being next to him guarantees you a win? and the muscle dudes crying more than the girls is a disgrace.

19. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    This. I think Josh is around for a few reasons. One, he's a vote for the major alliance (not important right now, but could be as things dwindle down). Two he is a major annoyance to Cody and Jess, which COULD be enough to get them off SOME competition. Three, he keeps the target off everyone else's back for now. And four, he could be easily beaten when they all face the jury. So, how I look at it, as long as Josh stays on that alliance, he's safe against a floater like Ramses. But, if he's up against another alliance member, then him being a loose cannon would get him eliminated. Which is why I think tactically, it was a terrible move by Jess to put up Ramses, who's someone NOBODY would have any issue voting out.

20. verdugan

verdugan Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    I agree with you. Jessica screwed up by putting Ramses against Josh. She should've put somebody else in Josh's alliance.

But then again, nobody has ever accused Jessica and Cody of playing a smart game.

NorthAlabama likes this.