Big Brother 19 - OAD 7/20/2017 (Thursday)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DancnDude, Jul 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI

Advertisements

Wow Josh is really a piece of work. That was the strangest fight. I couldn't tell if Josh knew he double-hit and didn't care, or if he really didn't know. But he was completely in the wrong and instead attacked Mark's integrity. Granted, the drink to the face was over the top but hilarious.

I loved Julie Chen shaking her head when they came back from the segment. Speaking of Julie, I don't ever remember her wearing jeans.

Jessica getting the halting hex was a little surprising to me. Perhaps people just want to keep shaking things up in the house? If Cody comes back in, things get wild.

verdugan likes this.
  2. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    During the end credits there was a conversation with Paul and others. I could swear he said he knew Jess took the temptation. Speaking of which, I knew it was going to be Jess. Only because she was on the block and Cody can be saved if he does indeed come back and is put up.

3. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Yes, I heard the same conversation as well. Strange, wonder how he knew? (shocked! not!) I was a bit surprised that Jess won the temptation. I think that will shake some things up. It was a smart move not to use it this week and use it to save Cody if (when?) he comes back.

Josh is a tool. He's an 8 year old in a 20 something body.

4. BrandonRe

BrandonRe Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yeah- that was a weird fight. I think Josh must either be on or need some kind of medication- he seems very volatile. Very up and down. I would think that he has to be fairly high on the list of targets just because of his outbursts and seeming instability. Of course, if (when) Cody returns to the house, all bets are off.

I think Paul is playing a masterful social game so far. He's walking the line of it blowing up in his face, but only one person each week seems to be recognizing what is going on and he is able to either have them evicted or otherwise marginalize their voice. I am interested to see how far it gets him.

5. forecheck

forecheck Active Member

Aug 5, 2000
    Roseville, CA

Advertisements

I thought he said something like when he asked her all she does is smile and say "I am not telling". I am assuming he has asked everyone else and they all said no, so at this point I am thinking it is more of an educated guess then 100% sure.

lynncosbm and NorthAlabama like this.
  6. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    Yeah Paul just thinks she got the power. He felt that way because she wouldn't tell him if she had it or not.

7. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I was happy Jess got the temptation.
    It seems like America's Vote likes the underdog.
    Christmas was on the block, then she gets the temptation. Then the same thing happens for Jess.
    I agree I heard Paul is only guessing Jess has it.

Josh is a child, but I think he's also a bit of a bully. He seems to think speaking louder and over people means he wins the argument.

Meanwhile - there was a controversy this past week that I am surprised they didn't show on the CBS shows.

Spoilerizing it in case you don't wanna know OR they show it another time:

Apparently Paul's idea for his snake costume was to wear black face and the internet went crazy calling him racist - I couldn't avoid hearing about it. His Mom was also apparently harassed a bunch for coming to his defense on social media.

gossamer88 likes this.
  8. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    it was a black mask, not black face - he was attempting to dress as a snake. of course, facts don't seem to necessarily apply to social media outrage. ;)

9. Cainebj

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    oh wow - i most definitely read the words black face in the thing i saw. that's not surprising but still surprising they would twist it.

10. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    technically speaking, the mask was black, and over his face... :rolleyes:

11. verdugan

verdugan Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    I just wanted to be part of the cool kids' spoiler tags club :cool:

Man, Josh is unhinged. Mark could've handled it better, but he was right.

NorthAlabama likes this.
  12. Cainebj

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    Oh P.S. - the houseguests must know something is going on if there is no H0H competition immediately at the end of the live show... i wonder if they have already guessed there is a battle back coming...

13. forecheck

forecheck Active Member

Aug 5, 2000
    Roseville, CA
    I was thinking they might think the temptation was whoever got it automatically would become HOH, and therefore no HOH on the live show and Paul asking about who got it and the end of the show.

14. 59er

59er TiVotee

Mar 27, 2008
    New York, NY
    As I understand it, he meant applying a liquid black face mask grooming product, which is therefore at least sort of black face.

15. realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    He wasn't applying it to his entire face like blackface. He was merely using it as face paint for his snake costume. We saw the result, and it was no where close to blackface.

16. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    with a goal of being a snake, not imitating dom - there's the difference.

verdugan likes this.