Big Brother 19 - OAD 7/16/2017 (Sunday)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeekiM, Jul 17, 2017.

1. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area

Advertisements

Man, Jessica looked rock solid on that wall... I thought she might actually had a chance at the win...

Ah...so it was Paul who get Kevin to vote for Ramses... I wonder if he also asked Christmas to do the same... I found it very odd that the two of them voted for Ramses...

Interesting that Alex agreed to a blank check on protecting all of Elena's friends... Of course, she ended up putting up Dominique anyway (but as someone once said, you can bounce checks in big brother!). I find it odd that Paul is taking Cody's word that he had confided in Mark and Dominique.

2. thecaptain72

thecaptain72 New Member

May 7, 2010
    Paul is crazy.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

3. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    That list from Elena was delusional. But when you're up there in pain, one would agree to anything.

I love when people would do anything to get the HoH. Then it sets in...be careful what you...

4. thecaptain72

thecaptain72 New Member

May 7, 2010
    I wonder how much is scripted?

5. Squeak

Squeak Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 12, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio

Advertisements

Less than I think you are implying. The producers will ask specific questions in the DR to help get the story they want to tell. They will also ask the players to retell stories.

The ceremonies are scripted (HoH, POV, etc) and rehearsed. And the hosts of the competitions have an ear piece in and are feed lines to say.

Is that what you mean?

6. thecaptain72

thecaptain72 New Member

May 7, 2010
    Yes the POV AND HOH

7. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Paul talked about that. His goal is to get paranoia and confusion into the house. By having them vote for Ramses, it:

A) Puts Ramses on notice that Paul has him on his radar

B) Makes the alliance more shaky as the others are wondering why they broke ranks and voted for Ramses

As for Alix, We see this every season, they say whatever they want to win HOH. To me, the bigger question is if Alix winds up telling Elana or anyone else that Paul put her up to it. If she does, that could be REALLY bad for Paul's game. But he has Alix thinking that they have a secret alliance. If Paul is actually pulling the strings, then he's playing a masterful game so far....

And this is why I am not convinced that Paul is pulling the strings, but the producers are. As mentioned, it is quite possible that the houseguest list started with Paul, and they picked everyone else based on him being in the game. It is also possible that the producers discussed how Paul should play the game and the types of things they want him to try and do. AND, they gave him the 3 week headstart by giving him immunity from going on the block to get his game in motion. I've always thought that there the possibility that the producers move the game in certain directions. This year, I'm almost certain, and I do think these first 3 weeks have been (I won't say rigged), for Paul's benefit. And I agree with whoever in the last thread said that the producers will give Cody EVERY chance to come back into the game.

8. thecaptain72

thecaptain72 New Member

May 7, 2010
    You would think people woukd get Paul out. He already was on BB last season. If he won they woukd freak. Boit Paul asap. Trust me he is in it for himself.

9. Squeak

May 12, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    What's with spelling Alex's name that way?

No, they didn't. America did.

10. Squeak

May 12, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    They all are in it for themselves. And they can't get Paul out yet---he still has protection through this week.

11. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I thought that's how it's spelled on the show. I looked it up and I was was wrong and was confusing it with someone else.

And the producers knew full well, that:

A) Paul was a popular player last season

B) America doesn't really know the other houseguests yet and odds are, they were voting for Paul. Notice how ending this twist coincides with Paul no longer "protected"? Coincidence?

12. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    They can't get him out, but outside of Cody, we hear so little of them attempting to get him out after he's not protected. They all are saying ON CAMERA how much they trust him. He's even got Alex (spelled right this time) on board. Is there even an inkling that anyone in his alliance want him out after his 3 weeks are up? I haven't seen it, and if there is, it certainly isn't during the 3 CBS shows.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  13. thecaptain72

thecaptain72 New Member

May 7, 2010
    Yes he does, after that I would be gunning fir him.

14. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    Jason sure looked devastated when Christmas said she won't get full use of her foot back.

15. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    Those girls did a horrible job coming to a solid deal. You need to make sure it's clear what the deal actually is. It looked like Alex was shocked that Elena's "friends" were so many. It's crazy to me that the deal was so broad. You make a deal something like "you, Jason (who already went out on the deal that he was safe), and 2 other people you pick are safe".

16. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    That was sad. I mean, the two of them were really just having a bit of fun and that turns into 2 surgeries in after years of recovery to likely not regain 100% use. And that he was actually the one who slipped and he himself didn't end up injured. That's gotta be hard.

17. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    I didn't notice it 'til this episode that Raven reminds me of Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn LOL!

18. BrandonRe

BrandonRe Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Man- I felt really bad for him there. He seems like a decent guy and you could tell it was tearing him up when she said that. I know I would feel responsible if it were me.

19. BrandonRe

BrandonRe Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Re: the HOH competition. I was really surprised that Elena was one of the last 2 (last three really since Jason intentionally dropped). I didn't think she would be a strong physical competitor. I wonder if I just underestimated her or if this particular competition just suited her.

20. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    It seemed suspicious to me that his temptation was so awesome--3 full weeks of safety--and the others pretty blah.

Steveknj likes this.