Big Brother 19 - OAD 09/06/2017 (Wednesday)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Steveknj, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Sep 7, 2017 #1 of 28
    Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey

Advertisements

So it's Josh who FINALLY figures out Paul's game. And, I'm now convinced, that Christmas may be the dumbest player of all, not seeing it and admonishing Josh for even mentioning the possibility. So I am POSITIVE she will go to Paul and tell him about it, because, you know, she's a sheep. That will put a target clearly on Josh's back. You know as soon as Jason is voted out, he will make an alliance with Raven and Alex to get out Josh and leave Christmas out of it. And of course Alex or Raven will win HoH, so he gets no blood on his hands. Now, if this is his plan, MAYBE Josh is the one who FINALLY exposes it to the whole house. Whether they believe him or not, is another story. But here is where the game, again, appears to be rigged in Paul's favor. Serendipitously it's a DOUBLE EVICTION! How convenient. Give Josh a week, and perhaps he can convince Christmas and the others what Paul is doing. But this being Double Eviction, he could just work his plan quickly by bringing in Alex and Raven to get rid of Josh who's now a huge THREAT. Then he has a whole week to convince Christmas that Josh was going to blow up their game.

We also see Kevin realizing he's being played, but I don't think he's mentally strong enough to do anything about it, especially when he doesn't get voted out (and he's assured by Paul he's safe). If I were to guess Paul's eventual game, I think he wants to take Kevin to the final two, because NOBODY would ever consider voting for Kevin to win the game.

2. Sep 7, 2017 #2 of 28
    NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    i think xmas is a little less clueless than you portrayed her (or i was thinking) - in her dr sessions, she remarked how she needed to feed on the strength of paul and josh's social game due to her lack of being able to compete physically - i was glad to see this revelation, her dismissal of josh was to further her game and to keep the peace among her f3, not that she doesn't see what's happening with paul (small redemption). she's made her choice, and she's sticking with it.

the problem with kevin's (late) realization is there is no one left to team up with to take on paul, the remaining hg's all think they are going to the end with paul, and would never turn against him. any talk of it would be instant an end to their game.

Squeak and jcondon like this.
  3. Sep 7, 2017 #3 of 28
    Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I disagree with Christmas' game play then. And why does she have to act so much like a jerk around Josh. I agree that it's probably too late to do anything about Paul (despite what everyone here was saying that they all needed to wait until..now.. to do it). But, if Josh sat down Raven, Alex and yeah, maybe even Christmas and explained calmly and rationally what has been going on. (And I suppose he could do that in the HoH room without Paul), and let the mull it over in their minds, that could be the play of the season, and MAYBE gives him the best chance to win, if they can get rid of Paul. But, as I mentioned, I don't see this happening on a double eviction night with no time to plan it, especially if Christmas resists.

Does Christmas REALLY think that going to the finals with Paul is her best chance to win?

4. Sep 7, 2017 #4 of 28
    series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    Her best chance to win $50,000 even having gone through the season with a broken foot. That's not bad and probably all the others have left to play for, barring the unlikely revelation of two people to vote against Paul upon seeing him on the block for the first time.

jcondon likes this.
  5. Sep 7, 2017 #5 of 28
    dthmj

dthmj Hinky TCF Club

Mar 12, 2002
    Texas

Advertisements

The best part of this episode was the diary room with the guest star... and him calling them all idiots.

6. Sep 7, 2017 #6 of 28
    BrandonRe

BrandonRe Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Finally- someone starts putting the pieces together. I wonder what would have happened if Jason had managed to go to Josh and have a calm, rational discussion about Paul? Especially if he had done so before the veto competition. As it was he had no idea but his best play was to pick Josh to play veto. If Josh had actually managed to win then he would have had some power with Christmas and maybe could have had a conversation about Paul where she actually engaged. At this point, I'm sort of pulling for Josh. I can't believe I'm saying that given what he pulled early on, but he seems to be the only one who is trying to play the game, other than Paul.

7. Sep 7, 2017 #7 of 28
    andyw715

andyw715 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007
    I was watching an older ep of Shark Tank and on one of the recaps (PRx home gym), Christmas was featured .

8. Sep 7, 2017 #8 of 28
    NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    she doesn't, that's the real xmas showing through. to be fair, josh has been getting on most everyone's nerves this season, and xmas is probably his closest friend in the house.
    but, remember, they would all be thinking in the back of their minds that they have the real secret f2 deal with paul... :rolleyes:
    yes, and she may be right.
    this.

9. Sep 7, 2017 #9 of 28
    gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    Yeah, of all the people to finally see the big picture, it's a little shocking that it is actually Josh. I think deep down Christmas knows that what Josh is saying is true, but as she pointed out in the diary room, she feel that she needs Paul in order to get to the end. I think she would be playing a much different game if she hadn't broke her foot. I was very disappointed by how she treated Josh, though. She was scolding him like he was a little kid. Every once in a while a very mean side of her emerges.

10. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Obviously, the one thing left to even watch for this season is for someone to take out Paul, but it's just not likely to happen. If Christmas is going for second place, then yeah, I get that her best chance is with Paul. But, i don't see her being PAUL's best play. Now, if she teams with Josh and the rest of the house to get out Paul, then I think she has a legit shot to win the whole thing. Of course Paul laid the groundwork ALL season with everyone to make them think they have alliances with them, but, if Josh is smart (and I don't believe he could pull it off), he can explain to them how all the moves in the game including the alliances are for Paul's benefit. For example he could explain his alliance with Christmas and Paul and ask them if the others have similar alliances. But I don't think he's confident enough to pull it off. But, he COULD plant a seed of doubt, like he did with Christmas. It just may be too late to do something about it.

11. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    She may NEED Paul to get to the end, but that's all she'll get, to the end, she won't win. But, a big move might be respected, especially by the jury. Christmas treats Josh like her little kid. Granted Josh acts like one sometimes, but still...

12. jcondon

jcondon Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Someone who can't compete in most of the physical comps is pretty limited in what they can do. She doesn't even seem that strong in the memory comps either. So she needs to ride whoever will let her to the final 3. What are her options? Team up with Josh and some other weak players?

I think no matter who she were to go against she has little chance winning (assuming she is even cleared to compete) in a physical comp in the final 3. Maybe she is playing for 2nd place and $50K.

13. jcondon

Jul 9, 2003
    Act like a little kid be treated like a little kid.

14. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    really? what are the odds xmas will beat paul in the physical f3 comps?
    true, but i don't see this happening. paul better be careful with xmas, she will probably out-perform josh in the last round of questions.

15. jcondon

Jul 9, 2003
    Who can she beat out of who is left in the final 3? She will likely NOT even play in the endurance part of the HOH. Even if some how docs clear her to play she isn't close to 100%.

2nd place is better then jury.

NorthAlabama likes this.
  16. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    It does feel that Xmas only hope is 2nd place and, yeah, Paul is her best hope of getting there, if, he's actually being honest with her. The one thing Paul has been good at hiding, at least to us, is who he'd like to sit with at the end. I get that Xmas can't compete in any physical competition for the final HoH, so there's that, but I also think she MAY be the only person who could beat Paul in the jury (and only if the jury is really bitter toward him). So is Xmas Paul's best play? Would he be better off taking Josh who a lot of the jury hates? Or Raven who has done nothing and ONLY gets Matt's vote for sure?

17. hefe

hefe Rebus Philbin

Dec 5, 2000
    CO via Chi-town
    I think Paul's best bets are Raven or Josh. He's more vulnerable with Xmas, Kevin, Alex...I'm just assuming that Jason is toast, I don't know.

Steveknj likes this.
  18. Johnny Dancing

Johnny Dancing Closet Rebel

Sep 3, 2000
    Detroit
    Paul is playing a great game, but I would not put him in as one of the best players ever. I'd give him a great big asterisk. Getting 3 weeks at the start of the season with immunity allowed him to calmly put everything in place while everyone else was scrambling and fighting. Also, it almost seems that the purposely put him with a bunch of real bad game players and mostly bad competition players. When Paul wants to win, he wins.

Cody was the only one that knew what Paul was doing early on but had zero social game to convince others as to what was going on. Jessica, might have been a threat to him but when Cody came back her game was ruined and she gave up at the end.

I see no way Paul does not get to the end at this point. If he does not win it all it will because of a bitter jury realizing they all have been made to look like idiots all season long by him. Sometimes juries reward the best game player, other times they punish.

Steveknj likes this.
  19. dthmj

dthmj Hinky TCF Club

Mar 12, 2002
    Texas
    I like Kevin. He's awkward, and nice - and polite to Julie. I don't think he can win though. He's probably going home tomorrow... :( (that's just my thought - I don't watch live feeds)

And why is Josh getting so upset at people actually playing the game... "He's trying to get jury votes" - well, duh - that's how you win!

20. hefe

hefe Rebus Philbin

Dec 5, 2000
    CO via Chi-town
    I'm not surprised Josh is getting upset. I'd be upset too if my partner refused to deal with that obvious fact.

NorthAlabama and Steveknj like this.