Big Brother 19 - OAD 09/03/2017 (Sunday)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by series5orpremier, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Sep 4, 2017 #1 of 51
    series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013

Advertisements

:eek:

NorthAlabama likes this.
  2. Sep 4, 2017 #2 of 51
    MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    I have to say... Yes, it is true that this is not the strongest set of houseguests in BB history... However, it is pretty impressive how Paul is pulling all of the strings in the house...

Watching how he socially orchestrated everyone to throw that HoH comp and give the running competition to the person with one leg is pretty darn impressive... He's getting all of this work done without getting any blood on his hands...

Again, I know the argument will be that these houseguests are pretty weak... However, there's a lot of things that could go wrong with how Paul is playing this game... But somehow he has convinced everyone that he is in their final 2 or 3 and has earned their trust...

If he gets to the end and doesn't get the votes, it will only be because of a bitter jury... There's no way anyone else in the house deserves the win at this point...

3. Sep 4, 2017 #3 of 51
    gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Watching Paul manipulate the HoH comp felt like he was playing with children. It really is a little unfair to take advantage of these kids :D

4. Sep 4, 2017 #4 of 51
    Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    I haven't liked Paul, but this has turned me around. The game didn't even make it to the word 'Go' and he had everyone drop out.

5. Sep 4, 2017 #5 of 51
    TriBruin

TriBruin Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL

Advertisements

This has got to be one of the dumbest casts I have ever seen. "Let's all throw the HOH competition because Paul says we should." "Go on the block as a pawn, sure, Paul will protect me." Paul must have some of Dan's mist to work this magic.

The problem is I don't like Paul and never have. Although he probably deserves to win, I don't like how he encourages the bullying behavior of other houseguests. It is petty and is not appropriate game play (IMHO.) But, there is no one else that deserves the win.

Steveknj, Dargon and tivotvaddict like this.
  6. Sep 4, 2017 #6 of 51
    nrnoble

nrnoble Active Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Q: This season, who is a smarter player than Paul?

Whomever those HGs might be, they have to be looking for an opportunity to get him evicted. IF they are not even thinking about it, he'll beat them all. If they are going to take him out, the best shot would be during double eviction. Not give him any time to his sell plan for the week.

7. Sep 4, 2017 #7 of 51
    brianric

brianric Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    They had their best shot the last double eviction where he could have been backdoored with little time to turn things around.

8. Sep 4, 2017 #8 of 51
    series5orpremier

Jul 5, 2013
    It's a good thing Raven is such a genius brilliant tactitian who knows how to play the game. Just think how formidable Paul will be teaming up with her. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  9. Sep 4, 2017 #9 of 51
    gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 23, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Don't be so quick to dismiss Raven. The girl has a GPA in dance. That's gotta count for something! :grinning:

NorthAlabama likes this.
  10. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    Don't forget that Raven needs the money to get surgery to fix her rough kneecap syndrome.

gweempose and jcondon like this.
  11. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    I am not sure I have ever witnessed as well an orchestrated manipulation of a HoH competition as this one...

NorthAlabama likes this.
  12. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    but what about her 999 other ailments? can she be a returning player next year to win more???

13. series5orpremier

Jul 5, 2013
    Somebody please buy the poor girl some moisturizer stat!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  14. nrnoble

nrnoble Active Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Who were HGs that were considering getting rid of Paul. Nearly everyone I have seen talks in the DR about sitting next to him at the end.

Steveknj likes this.
  15. nrnoble

nrnoble Active Member

Aug 25, 2004
    The one HGs that I find the most puzzling is Christmas. Other than beening althetetic, she's doesn't have any obvious unique qualities or flauws that make her an entertaining HGs. Most all the others have something interesting about them that we can understand why the producers chose them over 1000s of others.

16. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    She's got a huge following on social media, so perhaps they were leveraging her popularity and hoping that her fan base would follow her, and that there must be a reason for her success and that others would be attracted to her personality...

On a side note, I was watching a rerun of Shark Tank, and one of the entrepreneurs who was pushing a fitness product had mentioned that they hired Christmas Abbott to represent their brand... This was prior to Big Brother... So apparently she has had some proven successes pre-BB...

Personally, I had never heard of her... I do wonder if her impact and game play would be different has it not been for the accident...

17. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    I think her accident kept her in the game. She was playing really hard in the beginning and her athleticism would have made her a huge target. The accident took that away, she had to focus on other things, and the other HGs looked elsewhere for targets.

tta

18. dthmj

dthmj Hinky TCF Club

Mar 12, 2002
    Texas
    Actually, of all her ailments (except the gastrowhatever) that one is actually a thing. And she probably does have it. Not that it's life threatening... But it is an actual thing that has a much longer name.

19. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Don't these houseguests EVER talk to each other? You'd think by now SOMEONE would have realized that Paul told us to do this or Paul told us we should do that, is to benefit Paul? What could they POSSIBLY be thinking? Nobody notices that Paul never gets directly involved in any of the drama either? Jason at times seems to have figured it out (and he's been told enough times by Mark and Cody) what Paul is doing, but yet, just can't get it into his head. And this last HoH, NOBODY figured out how EVERYONE was throwing the comp and that didn't seem a little fishy to ANYONE?

On Christmas, I get she has a large following, but why? Her personality in the game is pretty mean and vindictive. Heck, she doesn't even seem very sympathetic to me with her injury.

As someone else said, these people ALL think they are going to the end with Paul. Paul I'm sure is plotting to figure out who to go to the end with that would be best for his game. I think right now, he has the three "outcast" votes, Mark, Cody, Elena as i think those three hate the rest of them and realize that Paul played a great game. Matt votes for Raven if she's there at the end, but who else would? It will be interesting to see how Paul plays it to see who he wants to go to the end with.

20. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    well, they were all in on throwing the hoh comp, what paul masterfully orchestrated was the order in which everyone dropped out in order to convince them all to agree to throw it.