Big Brother 17 - 9/15/2015

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Cainebj, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York

Advertisements

Thank you thank you thank you.

That was PRICELESS seeing the look on Austin's face.

I was SO happy Johnny Mac won the veto and voted the way he voted and that Vanessa carried through with it.

:up::up::up:

2. forecheck

forecheck Active Member

Aug 5, 2000
    Roseville, CA
    Big Brother blindsides don't seem to happen very often, but when they do, they make the best episodes, tonight included.

3. whoknows55

whoknows55 Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2001
    I think this was my favorite episode of big brother ever.

It was really cute watching how nervous Steve got during the HoH competition and I could watch his entire thought process on his face. This week should be good.

4. brianric

brianric Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    This

5. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area

Advertisements

Hate attitudes like Austin had. Bitter jury members piss me off. Maybe he'll calm down by the time the finale comes around.

6. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    He's a completely out of touch narcissist, from calling himself a great Big Brother player, to being willing to take Vanessa to the final 3 with him and Liz under the rationale that nobody on the jury would vote for Vanessa, to thinking he's America's favorite and in line for an appearance on The Bold and the Beautiful. What an idiot.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  7. rahnbo

rahnbo Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    It really didn't help Vanessa to scumbag him if she has any hope of getting Austwins votes should she find herself in the end with anyone except Liz. Oh well it was entertaining.

8. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    I'm not an expert and haven't been watching BB long enough to be a historian, but from what I've seen jurors usually cool down and vote with their heads instead of out of spite.

9. Dnamertz

Dnamertz Active Member

Jan 30, 2005
    I can't believe he told Julie he would have taken Vanessa to the finals. Does he expect us to believe he would have voted out Liz?

And if your alter ego is Judas, you don't get to be pissed that someone betrayed you.

10. Dnamertz

Dnamertz Active Member

Jan 30, 2005
    I'm not sure about that. She will either be sitting next to JMac (the Austwins have been complaining for weeks about how JMac in no way deserves to win), or Steve (who also betrayed the Austwins by nominating Austin/Liz then putting up Julia as the replacement nom), or Liz (in which case she would have never had Austin or Julia's vote).

11. rahnbo

rahnbo Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    True. But if he was looking for an excuse not to vote for her that is a good one. She could have told him to ease the blow. I guess the risk of that would have been John also voting out Steve and Vanessa would still have lost some brownie points for nothing.

12. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    I'm glad JMac forced Vanessa to get 'blood on her hands'. :up:

It was kind of pathetic for Austin to immediately tell her she can't win. It was like he thought she could change her mind or something. Besides, if Vanessa can't win after voting out Austin how could she win if she didn't?

13. hairyblue

hairyblue A good Man

Feb 25, 2002
    Mobile, AL
    Austin was barefooted walking out of the house. He should have known he was going. Or at least prepared for it. And Austin needed to be taken out. He was a much better player than Steve.

I'm over Vanessa's crying over everything.

And Johnny Mac scares the hell out of me with his play style. "I'm going to throw the Veto comp to Austin and Liz." What?! Glad he didn't, that would be uber stupid. And then saying he may vote to keep Austin? My hair turned white in terror, listening to that.

But Johnny did all the right moves last night to make a great big brother game.

Did anyone else catch that Steve won the HOH comp by accident? He meant to write 6K instead of 600. He left off a zero.

14. 2004raptor

2004raptor time to emancipate

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    Good show last night.

Jmac did have me scared a bit too with the talk of throwing the veto. That had to be CBS editing. If he threw it and Austin won and used the veto to remove Jmac, the replacement would have to be Liz. If Liz won the veto and used it, the replacement would be Austin. They would never do that. Why would he even contemplate that?

Anyway, it was good to see vanessa squirm a bit.

Hopefully Steve puts up Vanessa and Liz. If either win veto, then they are the the only vote so it's bye bye Jmac. I'm hoping nominations stay the same and Vanessa gets to steppin.

Tonights, gonna be rough though. Julie said Brendan and Rachel will be back for an announcement. :mad: :thumbsdown:
    Either, they are reproducing or coming back in a future show. I'm not sure which is worse. :D

15. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    Only possibility I can imagine is to get Austin and Liz to vote out Steve.

I'd bet on reproducing. Rachel constantly talks about having babies.

16. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I DID. I guess what one means to do doesn't matter.
    I guess I missed the "without going over" part - I thought J-Mac had won.
    If that is the case, I don't know why one of them didn't say 1.

17. Johnny Dancing

Johnny Dancing Closet Rebel

Sep 3, 2000
    Detroit
    The number guess tiebreaker is always closest without going over, if you do 1 someone could do 2 and beat you. Best is to calculate as close as possible then go lower and hope for the best.

Vanessa is in real good shape if the house (like Austin) thinks she can't win. I wonder who she will decide goes to the final 3. She probably will get rid of the other twin.

18. Squeak

Squeak Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 12, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    They didn't know it was going to be an eviction right at that moment. Normally they get ready, but they were surprised when they got called to the couches.

19. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    When Julie announced a surprise eviction, Steve looked like he was about to throw-up!

I was just coming to post that! She always talks about not getting blood on her hands, so he forced her to be the deciding vote!

I liked when JMac was "thinking out loud" to Austin about doing that.

"Yeah, I may just do that anyway even without a deal from you" Thinks a moment and then says while walking off "Yeah, I like that idea" and leaves Austin wondering what the hell just happened!

JMac has become my favorite player this year and I HATED him the first episode!

I loved how he built the puzzle laying in the trough and never paced a single piece on the board until he needed to. That was a smart move! Even without the possibility of throwing it, that was a smart strategy to solve the puzzle.

20. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    True dat!

Yeah, we were hootin' and hollerin' when JMac won veto and was just hoping he left it for Vanessa to decide. I do wonder if Austin will calm down when he gets to the Jury house or if he's going to a bitter jury? I think when it comes down to it, outside of Austin, Vanessa had her hand directly in only HIS eviction. The rest, while she was behind most of them, she didn't directly evict them.

I DO wonder if JMac was just trying play AustLiz or if he was really going to throw it. He did mention that if he felt that Steve was going to win the veto he'd have to win to make sure he was safe. Either way, it made no sense for him to throw it.

I'm sure we're going to see Vanessa do a full court press on Steve. I would imagine his target is Liz, but I do think ultimately Vanessa will decide who's going to go up. She'll talk him into Liz/JMac and we'll see who her target is (I'd bet Liz because she carries three votes in Jury), but we'll see. I was kind of thinking I'd have liked to see Liz win HoH and see if she goes after Vanessa for voting out Austin.

And yeah, we could have done without B/R. I'm sure she's having a baby and that's the announcement. Which means the three BB people I never wanted to see again all appeared this season and that was Rachel, Frankie and Muscle Head (Jessie).

Ultimately, I think if Vanessa loses, her winning the previous HoH was her downfall. Her not competing this week may really come back to bite her.