Big Brother 17 - 9/13/2015

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by hairyblue, Sep 14, 2015.

1. hairyblue

hairyblue A good Man

Feb 25, 2002
    Mobile, AL

Advertisements

Well, I'm a bit disappointed that Vanessa went with the Austin/Liz over the Steve/Johnny Mac pair. I don't think Steve and Johnny are really a pair. It's not a showmance. Austin would never betray Liz. So I don't think she made the best deal that way...BUT I think Austin and Liz are better at comps than Steve/Johnny Mac. That said, Austin/Liz would be stupid to not take Steve or Johnny Mac to the end over Vanessa. She doesn't see this?

I really hope Johnny Mac wins Veto and mixes things up.

And Vanessa is very much a head case, but I guess I'd be doubting everyone too. It is a game of BB.

I was surprised at how different Liz looked after the make-up artist did his thing. She looks beautiful, but I really liked her new look. Austin liked it too.

2. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    I kept asking "Has Vanessa ever watched this show before?" Of course people make all kinds of deals. That doesn't mean they are going to keep all of them. She really isn't going to be able to figure out who she can trust based on what private deals people may have made since half of them are broken eventually.

3. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    Right? She has a very warped view of reality.
    I was kindof glad that Liz pulled the same waterworks technique on her.

I was also disappointed that she threw Johnny Mac under the bus and that he didn't just say WE made a deal for Final 2.

I hope he wins the Veto also.

4. loubob57

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    I was laughing at that. In your face Vanessa!

5. Lopey

Lopey Active Member

Feb 12, 2004
    Ormond...

Advertisements

Didn't V have side deals with everyone else in the house? And after everyone tells her that they only made deals because that is what the other person wanted to hear, she makes a deal with Austin.... I am thinking the smart move would have been to put one from each group up. That way you break at least one of the groups up.

6. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    One of the groups is going to be broken up no matter who is nominated

7. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    It was funny that Johnny was saying the only thing that helps with Vanessa is to get her in her own head with reverse, reverse, reverse, reverse psychology. Seriously, she overthinks everything to excess and remembers everything. Except when she doesn't, like telling JMac to make the deal with Austin which they even showed a clip of.

8. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    I also liked how Austin was pointing toward Vanessa when Liz was choosing who to take on that reward. I bet he was thinking it'd be a nightmare to have to go to a Ariana Grande concert and have to deal with Frankie. If a pair of guys won, would they also have had to go to that "luxury" competition and get an exclusive bottle of perfume?

It's like when they had Mr Pectacular as a punishment when opening Pandora's Box.

9. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    It's funny Vanessa has told so many lies she forgot she told Johnny Mac to go make a deal with Liz and Austin.

10. 2004raptor

2004raptor time to emancipate

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    I was a bit surprised as well. I thought she was going to split up Austin and Liz. But either way, if Jmac or Steve win veto, I would think the two not on the block would vote for their alliance members with Vanessa breaking the tie. So, she really does have all the power.

Vanessa is completely over analyzing minute details of "deals" people have made and it's really annoying. She's extremely paranoid but I guess it's working for her.

Oh, and Frankie is just...nauseating. :thumbsdown:

11. 2004raptor

2004raptor time to emancipate

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    I think Austin was doing that more for strategy. I think he would permanently attach himself to Liz if he could. I think it was last night at the nomination ceremony, as soon as she sat down, he scooted his chair way over to be right beside her. I still think he's creepy.

Anyway, about Pandora's box, is it too late for that? I can't recall if they do it every year or how many people are normally left.

12. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    I forgot how annoying Frankie is. God he tries so hard to be relevant.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  13. verdugan

verdugan Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    It reminded me of Zingbot's zing for him last year:

(paraphrasing)

"Frankie, it's amazing that you have a tan since you stand in your sister's shadow all the time."

14. hefe

hefe Rebus Philbin

Dec 5, 2000
    CO via Chi-town
    Man, Vanessa is annoying. I hate how she repeatedly uses her HOH as a club to force people to reveal their private conversations with others. She's lucky that she's been able to keep her position as the ultimate swing player, never having to declare for a side. She runs around like she's the Big Brother police, exposing everyone she can. I think she's in big trouble after this HOH.

15. verdugan

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    You would think so, but these HG's are so dumb that I wouldn't be surprised if she's safe.

16. hefe

hefe Rebus Philbin

Dec 5, 2000
    CO via Chi-town
    True, but if you think about the options at that point, with no chance to be HOH...

The HOH nominates 2 of the other 3 remaining people. Veto becomes the deciding competition as whoever wins stays off the block, and casts the only vote to evict. So the only way she stays off the block is by winning POV. If anyone else wins it, what would each person do? At this point, she's too much of a threat to win out the comps and win the jury.

Of course, the HGs are often quite dumb, as you say.

If she wins the POV, it's a big decision. Stay loyal to Austin/Liz, which means she must win the final HOH to reach the end, or break them up and go with the remaining Steve/John HG counting on a final 2 deal there. (All assuming that one of John/Steve are going out next)

I don't know...the only way I see here making the end is winning out starting with that POV. But stranger things have happened.

17. verdugan

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    I'm with you. I hope she doesn't win POV and she's out.

18. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    I think what she would want is to get to final three with one of Austin/Liz and one of JMac/Steve, keeping that balance of power all the way to the end.

19. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 23, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    I don't think she was necessarily trying to figure out who she could trust. It was more her looking for a way that she could nominate two people while getting as little "blood on her hands" as possible. In her mind, she was simply digging for ammunition that she could then use as an excuse to put someone up on the block.

20. loubob57

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    Maybe so, and that attitude bugs me too. You should have to make some big moves in this game to get some respect. If you have everybody else do your dirty work you're not going to win unless you can prove you were pulling the strings.