Big Brother 17 - 8/20/2015

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by 2004raptor, Aug 21, 2015.

1. 2004raptor

2004raptor time to emancipate

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    So, what did everyone think?

It went as I expected. I knew Becky would be the one to go.

The HoH competition was kinda dumb IMO. Not alot of thought went into that one. :rolleyes:

Not sure who'll go out next week but hopefully Becky will be the one returning out of the Jury house so far. Now, if James gets evicted, I'd rather see him come back.

Excited for Zingbot next week. :D

2. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area

You could tell as soon as the show started. There were 2 people that did not have on athletic clothes ... Liz (who couldn't play in the HoH) and Becky.

3. 2004raptor

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    Well, true. I pointed that out to my wife.

I guess I'm talking even before the show started. Becky was a goner.

4. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Show was somewhat meaningless... We all knew who was going home... They sprinkled a few DR interviews and edits to try and keep things suspenseful...

The HoH competition was pretty lame... Have they ever had this competition before? I hate it because it is largely an race which automatically puts some of the contestants in an impossible situation... We all knew that "grandma" was the first to go, right? This one will be won by one of the athletic house guests is my guess... Unless someone actually twitches and gets tricked by the silly words that rhyme with "go"... :rolleyes:

Funny... everyone in Steve's town seems socially awkward...

5. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    Nothing too surprising. I did like the new HoH because it was new and different.

I'm much more excited about the Zingbot coming back this week. There's some entertaining stuff right now on twitter from @zingbotofficial The zingbot is zinging a bunch of ex-houseguests as well as others zinging it. Like Brendon and Rachel:

6. SoBelle0

SoBelle0 Go Big Blue!! TCF Club

Jun 25, 2002
    Decatur, GA
    Zingbot is my favorite! It was fun to see more filler from last year's gang. I guess this group really isn't doing anything worth showing... although, I'd read elsewhere about some fun group activities and games. Wonder why they aren't showing any of those.

At least they also show James' pranks. He seems like a fun guy.

7. 2004raptor

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    I like James. He's had a thing for Meg since he first saw her. Remember him comparing her to Taylor Swift. :)
    BUt it looks like he really does have a thing for her. She, on the other hand, plays along but doesn't seem to reciprocate.

8. whoknows55

whoknows55 Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2001

I actually really liked the comp. I think if they did it right and made the houseguests really pay attention to the board it could be as mental and physical. I was expecting one of the "gos" to be quickly replaced by another word to see if people noticed. I think done properly this could be as much mental as physical.

9. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Agreed. Lot's of wrinkles you could do on this:

* go through the words very quickly
    * use one button on top of a post, but participants could try to fake each other out by pretending to go but not letting up on their button
    * have the screen be blank for long periods of time then just pop up the words

10. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Liz had no interest in Austin earlier in the season... We'll see if Meg turns around...

James seems like a fun kid...

11. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I must be the only person that HATES zingbot. I like the zings, but HATE the way he talks. If they just had a comedian in there roasting them, I'd like it better.

12. andyw715

andyw715 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007
    OTEV's voice was more annoying this season than Zing's is.

13. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    I'm with ya on this. But the zings are so good that I can tolerate the voice.

14. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    bring me the buttttttaaaaaaah

15. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    +1

16. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Just watched Jeff's interview with Becky. She absolutely adores Steve and hopes he wins if she does not. She also said...
    she was always there for him whenever Austin would pick on him. Something that they are not showing. Apparently he is really bothered by Austin.
    But hasn't Steve said in the DR that he was going after Becky? :confused:

17. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Yeah... I really don't get Steve's hate on Becky... :confused:

18. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    The twins remind me of the blonde chick in the Muppets band. Evan how they talk.

19. capriz

capriz Member

Aug 4, 2003
    Oregon
    Liz (and twin) always give me a Mr. Bean vibe

20. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I haven't watched Jeff's interview yet, but I really liked Becky's post eviction interview with Julie. She seemed much more composed and down to Earth than most people are when they are evicted. It made me hope she gets to go back in the house.