Big Brother 13 - 7/24/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by nyny523, Jul 24, 2011.

1. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    OK, seriously? Jeff didn't know Rachel was engaged?

How is that even possible?!?!?!?!?

And that was a dumb move by Jordan - she should have invited Brachel to the luxury prize. You need to keep the lunatics calm...

2. SoBelle0

SoBelle0 Go Big Blue!! TCF Club

Jun 25, 2002
    Decatur, GA
    Jeff was being sarcastic. I thought it was Hilarious!! :)

Yeah. Jordan should have taken them. But I loved her reasoning - all true!

Is Rachel setting up a backdoor of J&J? That will make me mad!

3. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    I agree about Jordan not inviting Brachel. Dumb move. After all the house certainly expected it.

I hate this duo noms!

4. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    I don't know about Jordan not taking them. They probably should have because they're lunatics, but Danielle is also in their alliance. Somebody's gotta be left out. So she just didn't take any of them. Would have been funny if Jordan had taken Danielle and Brendon.

5. Tracy

Tracy Truly

Mar 12, 2000
    Galena, IL
    Did anyone fully understand how Jordan figured out the clue with the soap? Is Bay a soap brand?

That Same Name show looks horrible.

6. BrandonRe

BrandonRe Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Baton Rouge, LA
    As best I can tell, Jordans thought process was: soap- brands of soap- bay (not sure if that's an actual brand or if she just got lucky); opera glasses- binoculars- you watch things with them. Soap+opera glasses = bay+watch.

Of course that's what the producers were going for. Couldn't have been anything as simple as "soap opera"!

I did enjoy how Jordan got the answer on the first clue for all the wrong reasons.

This is why we always had to show our work in math classes.

7. Byteofram

Byteofram Survivor of C-bus

Oct 29, 2004
    Buckeye Land
    I think he was being sarcastic. Almost like Rachel had mentioned it so many times that anyone in their right mind would know this, so this wasn't news. That's how I took it at least.

8. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    How old is Rachel, 9?! Wah, I didn't get picked, my feelings are hurt! :mad: OMG!

That said I agree that Jordan should have picked them just to avoid this. Even though we got some entertainment out of the situation it could make Brenchel do something vindictive. That's how they roll.

9. Jolt

Jolt Disgruntled Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Corpus...
    I will not watch any other season if they bring Brenchel back into the house. She is such an ugly person. She is also going to need counseling for domestic violence. He might not hit her now but i would not be surprised if it is near. He is a control freak bad. I sure hope JJordan pulls something out of the hat.

10. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    You mentioning this reminds me of last season when they interviewed Brendan's ex girl friend. She said that exactly, that he was controlling and completely unbearable. They are a dysfunctional match made in hell. I wonder whose parents are more upset, Brendan's for him being with a whiney be-otch, or Rachel's for her being with a man who yells at her and tris to control every move.

11. Jolt

Jolt Disgruntled Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Corpus...
    It grates my nerves when he is trying to talk to her and his mouth does that thing. He is an a$$munch.

12. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I like how they kept flipping back and forth between scenes of people having fun, to Brenchel whining and crying, over and over!

13. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    It even struck me as odd that she knew his character's name, but not the actor. She asked Jeff, "Who played Mitch Buchanon in Baywatch?" Heck, the term Baywatch is synonymous with David Hasselhoff to most people.

14. DVC California

DVC California Member

Jun 4, 2004
    Considering that we are talking about Jordan, I would have thought it odd if she KNEW Hasselhoff's name. She is the type of person who may remember characters and shows but not specifics. (Eg. She'll probably know Urkel was on Family Matters but won't know who played him.)

15. Waldorf

Waldorf Super Duper Member

Oct 4, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    Heh... "Who played C.J. Parker on Baywatch?!"

So if Lawon and Kalia win Veto, Rachel would be "forced" to put up J+J. I wonder if she's secretly hoping for that scenario.

16. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    Huh?

We aren't sure that those two are even playing for veto. The 3rd couple could be J&J (the only 4 guaranteed to play before the chip draw are HOH Brachel and nominees Mike/Adam).

If either of the above 2 couples win, they can use it to save Mike/Adam and Rachel can backdoor J/J. If Lawon/Kalia end up playing and winning, they would keep the nominations the same to avoid being put up.

And I do think Rachel will try to backdoor J/J if she gets the chance...

17. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    There are several brands of soap with the name Bay in it, including Lemon Bay Soap which is in North Carolina, Jordan's home state. Maybe she recognized it or it might have had the name of the brand on the soap.

18. Waldorf

Waldorf Super Duper Member

Oct 4, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    Right... I was just playing it out hypothetically: that if Lawon/Kalia played, won, and used the veto then Rachel doesn't look like the bad guy because her hand was forced. L/K would be safe from being put up as the veto holders.

Anyhoo, just hypothesizing out loud and hoping Jeff wins something soon.

19. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    Only if they didn't use it!

20. dimented

dimented Comfortably Numb TCF Club

May 21, 2003
    Somewhere...
    They are safe no matter what. That is one of the perks of the golden veto, who ever uses it cannot be put up for eviction.