Big Brother 10 - 8/10

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by gossamer88, Aug 11, 2008.

1. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx

Advertisements

Well I guess I have to start a thread...

No surprise nominees, but I would have liked April over Keesha. Renny gave it a good shot though. In hindsight I wonder if Dan would've accepted the AP. We really got him into trouble. I also didn't realize how religious he is. The editing does not show that too much.

Anyone sick of Jerry's sanctimonious ass! The minute they don't need his vote he's outta there.

It's really a win-win situation for Michelle. If either nominee wins the PoV she'll probably put up Dan.

2. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    i think jerry and libra should be together...they are a perfect match. Anyone who thought 'dont pick on the sweet old man' gotta be eating their words now. He's almost the worst in the bunch.

michelle's competitor speech was terrible. Just admit you went against her friend and thats why you are up. The lies are insane.

I still dont get what it means game on? Shouldnt the game be 'on' before she does nominations so you are not even put up. My logical mind cant understand why someone only kicks it in gear AFTER they are put up. And even after what will they do? Go beat her up?

it's one of the stupidest phrases in all BB history and just makes whoever is saying it look stupid.

Was interesting that she would be insulted if libra didnt go up to the room. I think she shoulda stayed down for the fun of it. And geez memphis has a brain! I also think that all the phoniness is sickening and you could tell he wanted to puke with april's going on and on etc.

3pts to dan for getting the sympathy of michelle.

and can america's choice be not to look up libras nose anymore or see the 1 inch fake eyelashes of april and michelle? i'd pay 10 bucks per call to register my vote :)

3. flyers088

flyers088 tcf junior member

Apr 18, 2005
    Pennsylvania
    To me that would be 'Showmance'

4. Penny Lane

Penny Lane Hates winter

Dec 3, 2007
    Strawberry...
    I have now decided I want Memphis to win and I want Jerry out of the house the most.

5. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx

Advertisements

Anyone know if Libra sweared on her kids to April? Thought there was gonna be a clip of her saying it. There wasn't...doesn't mean she didn't say it.

6. visionary

visionary HAVE BRAIN WILL USE!

May 31, 2006
    Norfolk Va.
    "game on" originated on the first Paradise hotel show on Fox, by a really crazy lady there. No one mentions that all of us East only saw 12 minutes of the show because CBS showed some dumb golf game? I do not understand why they don't just cut 60 Minutes down, they can show the other segments on a later show?

And golf, it is dull enough I would just put a little box in corner to show that and the results and start something serialized like BB on time. It is not like there is great strategy to watch (like football) in golf, it is just hit a ball into a hole. A small picture in corner would show that fine.

7. scottykempf

scottykempf New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    Jerry:

"Memphis is a womanizer." Cut to Jerry feeling April's boobs on day one and cut to the food comp last night : "I pick Janelle.Hiiiiiii Janelle."

"Don't hide behind your cross." (Dan even said "I'm not even wearing my cross.") Cut to Jerry taking off his Marine wear when he had to do some fibbing so he wouldn't bring dishonor to the Marines.

8. Jebberwocky!

Jebberwocky! Guest

Apr 16, 2005
    Could Jerry be any bigger of a hypocrite?

When they start yelling at each other, they sure don't look too attractive to the TV audience.

9. Fool Me Twice

Fool Me Twice >>>>>>

Jul 6, 2004
    I've strongly disliked Jerry for a while now, and I've been hoping the show would show some of the nasty Jerry. Memphis came off looking like a crazy man for snapping at Jerry a couple weeks ago, and Jerry looked like a calm level-headed grownup in full control of himself and the situation. This episode more accurately reflected their true characters, I think.

10. Lopey

Lopey Active Member

Feb 12, 2004
    Ormond...
    Yeah... I've lost some, ok alot, of respect Jerry.

I must say this atleast 5 times per season of BB... Why are people surprised when they get lied too????? Take the Dr. House advise that everyone lies...
    If April hadn't put up Jessie in the first place, or if April had decided to ignore the information that Jessie gave her about Libra and Keesha talking then none of this would have happened. Memphis was the target until Jessie made himself the target by starting crap in the house. If he had just kept his mouth shut he would still be there.. and no, Jessie is not out of the house because his back is too big.

11. montag

montag New Member

Mar 10, 2001
    Jerry is an idiot.

Mike Boogie=Pillsbury Doughboy?

Michelle referring to her upcoming nominations: "I'm going to turn this house upside down". :rolleyes:

Dan is kicking some butt.

Libra is about as ghetto as they come. She is a disgusting human.

12. flyers088

flyers088 tcf junior member

Apr 18, 2005
    Pennsylvania
    Reality TV Whore!!

13. Lopey

Lopey Active Member

Feb 12, 2004
    Ormond...
    Did Boogie like, do laps around the yard or something first? Is that why he was sweating so bad??

Oh, and I liked Matt's comment about Nat being in the bushes somewhere....

14. AstroDad

AstroDad Like Death & Taxes

Jan 21, 2003
    Houston
    I was excited when this season started and I found out that not one, but two players lived within a 20 minute drive from me. Yeah! People to root for! Go fellow Houstonians!!

Sucks that I hate them both more than anyone else in the house. (Talking about Jerry and Libra)

Although April is right on their heels for most hated...

15. newsposter

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    keesha said the same thing. I'm convinced it's just as in the script as is "who wants to see my hoh room?" They literally come out of the diary room and say that every single time. THATS scripted tv at its best :rolleyes:

and wouldnt it be better to put up 2 in your own alliance then you know you will have the other team for you for at least one more week and they will put out the OTHER members of your alliance.

i guess you may get picked off after your people are gone but it doesnt seem that these alliances hold as true as the survivor ones

16. newsposter

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    hey how did china learn to control the weather? thats nuts

17. AstroDad

Jan 21, 2003
    Houston
    See, I thought they were MAKING it rain, not preventing the rain.

Take it with a grain of salt, as this is completely from a half memory, but I think they were using some sort of technology that the US had previously tested out, but ultimately decided there was no good evidence whether it actually helped or not.

I thought China was using it to try to make it rain before the games started in order to disperse some of the haze.

18. AstroDad

Jan 21, 2003
    Houston
    Oh, and I would have totally gotten the Favre question wrong if I were in there. It sounds so ridiculous if you weren't around to follow it.

Heck, it sounds ridiculous even now.

19. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    While I agree that it is one of the stupidest phrases, I say it is trumped by "It's on like Donkey Kong"... Now THAT is the stupidest phrase.... I feel embarrassed when I hear someone starting the phrase, cuz I know how they are going to finish it :(

20. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    I forgot all about your second example... Someone in the house needs to remind him of that...

I, like others, have done a 180 on both Reny and Jerry... I started out hating Reny, and endearing Jerry... Now I can't stand Jerry and am always applauding Reny for sticking up for herself...

And I initially thought Keesha would be very immature and not have a lot under the surface, but she is really impressing me...and the fact that she befriends Reny and does not gravitate towards the young clique is refreshing.... I like them both...