Big Brother 09/16/07 Clip Show **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by appleye1, Sep 17, 2007.

1. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    Well, I didn't get to see this because 60 Minutes ran over just about the whole hour and I didn't pad.

I did see on other boards that those who like Dick and Danielle will love the show, and those who don't like Dick and Danielle will hate it. (Glad I'm not in either category. :))

So since CBS will never rerun this episode nor release it on DVD, spoil away and let me know what I missed!

2. HDTivoDesire

HDTivoDesire Member

Apr 5, 2003
    Plano, TX
    I caught the first few minutes. It wasn't 100% clips. There was new footage of D&D eating a special sushi & champagne meal together. I'll watch the rest on cbs.com.

3. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    Hey, I forgot about it being there. I'll have to watch it tomorrow.

4. Dssturbo1

Dssturbo1 New Member

Feb 22, 2005
    dick was kinda still giddy and prancing around and spouted out to danelle had she had ever won $550k??, so it does seem they are sharing the $500k first place and $50K second place winnings. later they were sitting on the couch and he was asking her which jury member would be voting for who and she really didn't answer at all. then he said he was taking vacations to scandanavia and a safari trip to africa. danielle asked him how he could do that on only $50k and he kinda smirked at her and gave her the eye.......i hope dick wins and screws her over sharing the prize money.

5. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    This episode seemed very "produced". As if they were asked to mention a day in the house so they can cut to the scene they were talking about. Poor Amber. She came off the worst in these highlights. Amber will definitely have a relapse after she sees all of the episodes. Her family better keep her from watching! Jen came off the second worst with Eric a distant third.

6. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    I hope it 'was' prompted. Because to sit there in that setting talking how they did just seemed weird.

no more of jury house..geez um. They could have shown us more. They are paying for that.

I watched this ep in about 10 min. FF thru all the clips.

7. Jebberwocky!

Jebberwocky! Guest

Apr 16, 2005
    big bag of suck - I'm so glad I recoreded Cold Case just so I won't miss anything. :rolleyes:

8. unicorngoddess

unicorngoddess Wooooonicorngodess

Nov 19, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    I don't think Danielle intends on sharing any of the money with her dad.

9. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    I watched my TiVo recording and really enjoyed the Alan Greenspan interview on 60 Minutes. :up:

I deleted before we got to the clip show.

I'm going to give Survivor a try -- I haven't seen it since season 3, and I'm hoping it'll be more entertaining than Big Brother was this season.

10. FLbadgirl

FLbadgirl New Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Durham,...
    I was highly disappointed in the clip show. This is the first season to do an entire clip show, IIRC.

It was lame and we didn't even finish the show. At the very least they could have shown some AD clips or other footage not shown during regular programming.

It was just lame.

11. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    I started watching it and I realized I was in for an hour recap on why I hate Dick and Danielle and how neither one of them is deserving to win. (Before the show I just thought Dick was undeserving to win.)

Fortunately or unfortunately it morphed into a full-fledged testimonial as to how Allison Grodner is ill-equipped to produce Big Brother on her own.

I thought this season was a complete disaster, and I thiink this clip show is the smoking gun.

12. ireland967

ireland967 Member

Feb 27, 2003
    Chicago
    I agree, it felt like the segment they do every year on Survivor where the last two or three remaining players reminisce over those who left before them. At least Survivor knows not to make a whole show out of it.

13. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    I was really hoping they'd do the "jury questions" on this show, leaving a lot more time on Tuesday's show to do the reveal of Eric as America's Player.

14. martinp13

martinp13 Roller coaster addict :)

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Interesting, since "sharing" is completely against the rules. I think if Dick wins he will share, but I don't think she will share with him. :)

I skipped watching, and will probly skip the finale. I really don't care which one wins, and it will be more high-drama shouting, swearing, and name calling, I'm sure.

Bring on Survivor! :)

15. Mikkel_Knight

Mikkel_Knight New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Rochester, MN
    Again, I don't believe "sharing" is against the rules...

Conspiring to split the prize money is against the rules (if you're on the jury, vote for me to win and I'll give you "X" dollars out of the prize).

16. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    That is the only reason I pay the show any attention at this point. I want to see the AP reveal.

17. TBoons

TBoons I dunno

Dec 27, 2003
    FL
    Painful to watch. Our news broke in with tornado warnings for about 10 minues and I said "Thank God!"

18. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...

I FF'd through most of the show. No need to watch Jen's meltdown over her picture or Amber's crying over anything and everything!

I did like the line where Dick was talking about everything he was going to do after the show. Like go on a safari, go to Europe, go to Scandanavia, etc. Then Daniele said "How are you going to afford all that with only $50,000?" Classic!

It was funny seeing Jameka praying in the back yard in the background and then seeing Jen walk into the foreground and asking for a white belt for the bunny suit!

19. Jebberwocky!

Jebberwocky! Guest

Apr 16, 2005
    Funny the first time I saw it, maybe ;)

20. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    You might be right, but even so there are serious tax implications if they want to share. Unless the winner dribbles it out to the other persion, the IRS is going to take a hefty chunk for gift tax. (You can give up to $12,000 a year tax free, go over that and you face climbing tax rates. For a $250,000 gift the tax rate would be 34%. For a $150,000 gift it would be 32%. :eek: )