Big Bro Winter Edition - ep1

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by IndyJones1023, Feb 12, 2008.

1. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL

Advertisements

What does everyone think?

2. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    I had a problem with the writing. I hated it when Chenbot said:

If they've never met before, they'd have no reason to talk. Duh.

Otherwise, this coupling could be very interesting, or suck ass totally.

3. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    Only thing I don't like is its gonna be a quick season.

4. SoBelle0

SoBelle0 Go Big Blue!!

Jun 25, 2002
    Decatur, GA
    I thought it was cute.

Sheila was rude! She agreed to go on a TV show, and to try and win money, and yet she's all stuck on that he's not her type. Okay, so don't fall in love with him, just get to the end.
    and I was surprised that Ryan and Jen didn't get matched... that's gonna be tough for them.

Wonder if we'll see love in the air. :)

Now to watch the rest...

5. katbug

katbug Tivo Junkie

Oct 2, 2003
    N. AZ

Advertisements

I wouldn't know because I had set up a season pass for Big Brother 9, which is what it originally was on the guide (even had it as #1 in my priority list). Apparently they then changed the name of it, so it didn't record. I'm so upset! Wish they'd re-air it or post the episode on their website. :0( Got it set up for the right name now, but that first meeting is usually pretty important.

6. SoBelle0

SoBelle0 Go Big Blue!!

Jun 25, 2002
    Decatur, GA
    I thought blonde girl was too obvious in her attempts to act like she didn't know Ryan. How many weeks do you think it will take for folks to figure it out? I say week 3. :D

She and Parker were cute together. Whoops. Those BB folks sure do love to plan out the drama, huh? Good consumer that I am, it will be interesting to watch that play out. ;)

7. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    Crap. Same thing happened to me.

I think they'll post the episode on their site...

8. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    Oh I'm betting they won't last the week. They'll probably tell their teammates and the teams will form an alliance. If they can get over the fact that they weren't matched together, they'll realize it's better that they are not on the same team since that's 2 chances to win each competition. Much better odds!

9. jerobi

jerobi News/Deal Junkie

Sep 28, 2000
    It always takes me two or three episodes to warm to the cast of BB and Survivor. The first episode usually makes my brain groan.

I don't like how lately there is a Big Theme (all singles, random couples) but also a few Little Themes (long time exs, current bf/gf). It seems like the latter start the game in a bad position. I guess seeing what happens with the current bf/gf pair will be interesting. They were split up by the random pairings, right? I should have paid more attention to that.

I guess the forced teams will really change up the voting strategies. I don't like the shortened season, either. But hey, thumbs up on the first challenge. I love the game writers on this show.

How many weeks until they split up the couples for voting purposes? Or have a Secret Twist that lets people swap teammates?

10. scottykempf

scottykempf New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    What? So there are 16 people, 8 couples. One couple gone tomorrow night. That leaves 7 weeks. What makes BB special is the length of the show. When you have to be in the house for 14-16 weeks, that makes it hard. When you have to be in the house for 7 weeks, that is just an inconvenience.

11. DancnDude

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    They were teamed with the person in the house they were most compatible to. So the bf/gf each had a more compatible person in the house.

12. DancnDude

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    Makes perfect sense. They were always planning on having a normal BB in the summer, so they came up with this short season idea to throw something in during the writer's strike. Now that the strike is ending, they'll have time to write and shoot more new episodes and be able to put them on just after the short BB season ends.

Personally, I think what makes the show interesting is that it's live. No one knows what's going to happen from show to show.

13. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    I have seen people other places say the show is going until May, which would be a full run. So something potentially unusual may happen with people coming back.

One thing I think is that couples may get evicted, but then only one of them goes or something.

Not sure, I am not up on the latest, but as of a few days ago, people seemed to believe this was not a short season.

I thought it was funny how Cougar Pet was so offended by her partner. Did she go in the house expecting to meet the man of her dreams? NO. They just sprung that on her. She needs to get her head in the game.

14. Hexerott

Hexerott New Member

Jan 1, 2007
    Wow, MILF was a rude, immature nut-job. In the beginning of the show I was thinking, yeah, i'd hit it.... Heck, she's cute. By the end.... no way! Her personality is a TURN OFF!

The girl who is matched to her ex reminds me of Alison for some reason. My wife felt te same thing. I wonder if that keeps up.

Also, Puck (James) is not gonna last long. Was it me or did he whip that pillow at his partner after she fell?

15. visionary

visionary HAVE BRAIN WILL USE!

May 31, 2006
    Norfolk Va.
    An actor wishlist for Julie Chen has always caught every episode of every BB and an occasional Letterman interview about BB.

I disliked that BB matched them, I thought the fun would be them doing it, I think it missed the mark, and one real old woman, no one is good match, why do that? It is mean, not funny. And only one black, and only one gay male to pick the only other, although I'd be fine leaving the gay thing out for once. Where are the lesbians when you want to watch them? Man what a great feed that would be!!! Well, I did just get Showtime... I thought the L word was LOVE, well, it's not...

16. SoBelle0

SoBelle0 Go Big Blue!!

Jun 25, 2002
    Decatur, GA
    There was no money on this bet, right? :D - the live feed folks are already saying that Jen & Ryan spilled the beans. Too funny! and so much for the supposed drama.

17. DancnDude

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    LOL I have Showtime Too on now and see that the HGs are already fighting about alliances and trying to get Jen to vote out Ryan to save her chance at winning. Obviously the beans have already been spilled. I'm not sure what really happened, but it happened quickly ;)

18. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    Wow and I thought it was dumb when the ex girlfriend instantly told 3 people that her ex boyfriend was in the house.

19. DancnDude

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    From Live feed...
    Jen and her partner are not on good terms at all at this point. Both want to be on separate alliances and he's threatening to purposefully lose all challenges just to spite her. Looks like the drama factor has already started this season!

20. jtlytle

jtlytle Un-Registered User

May 17, 2005
    Sacramento,...
    Joshua and Neil... Hawt couple and probably will be the winner..