Big Blooper on My Part, I'm Impressed!

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by casperc65, Mar 15, 2011.

1. casperc65

casperc65 New Member

Oct 2, 2010

Advertisements

I have a touch of Chevy Chase in me and somehow I banged into the shelf where I have my Tivo and expander, etc.

The expander fell to the floor, disconnected from the device (ti was at least a six-foot drop)

I immediately panicked thinking: 1, I broke the expander, 2, I lost all my recordings...

Well, I had to reboot 3 times but it works FINE and I lost nothing!

Congrats to TiVo on building an accessory that can survive a stupid person's klutziness and still work!

2. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    How dare you start a thread not based on a problem or complaint! :eek:

BTW, TiVo didn't build it but you can thank them for selecting a good vendor. Perhaps the many people who had Expander drives fail after only 12 to 18 months should have tried this! :rolleyes:

3. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Aren't the thanks owed to Western Digital? Or am I thinking of a different product?

4. Series3Sub

Series3Sub Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Well, the key is how long ago was this accident because you very well may have problems down the line from a few weeks to a few moths when the consequences of your "bang" become apparent. I did just as you--not a TiVo DVR expander, just an external HDD for my PC--and it took some time before it was apparent that the HDD was indeed messed-up. Now, I can access some stuff, but a lot of other stuff is lost and it won't save much data before it errors. Start saving for your replacement DVR Extender. Time will tell, my friend.