Big Bang Theory - Premiere 9/22/11 Both Episodes

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dthmj, Sep 23, 2011.

1. dthmj

dthmj Hinky TCF Club

Mar 12, 2002
    Texas
    We were very disappointed with BBT last night. As my daughter said, it was just gross.

The first episode was ok, but the second one, we didn't even want to finish it (we did though).

I don't remember it being so over the top sex jokes - a few innuendo here and there - but during the second episode, we felt very uncomfortable.

We'll probably watch next week, but if it's more of the same, we'll probably stop watching.

2. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    I watched it, I laughed, but I agree, the innuendo was WAY over the top.

3. JerryLBell

JerryLBell Active Member

May 3, 2002
    I still find the series to be enjoyable, but it's not nearly as intelligently witty as it once was. Being a bit of a geek, I really enjoyed the intellectual geekiness of the fist series. They've strayed from that to attact a wider audience and have been quite successful at that. It does water down the appeal to me, though. The trio of ladies added to the series have all been quite good and a welcome addition. Bernadette screaming at Raj, "I'M NICE TO EVERYBODY!!" was pretty funny.

4. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I didn't like the first episode that much, but I thought the second one was very funny. Anytime they explore one of Sheldon's neurosis, it's funny. And I don't know what this says about me, but I found Leonard and Pira's skyping really funny.

And btw, I wish I could afford one, but I want their Alienware laptop!!

5. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    I thought Howard and Raj trying out the cyber-kissing things was hilarious :D

6. JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo Damaged Goods

Sep 29, 2003
    Southern NH.
    "I was trying to be playful!"

"Can I say that I ruined you for white men?"

7. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    I thought last night's shows were terrific. And there has been tons of innuendo in the show before.

My favorite of the night.

Amy: Kiss me where I have never been kissed.
    Sheldon: You mean like Salt Lake City?

8. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    I skipped over virtually all of the Leonard/Pria bit. The rest was OK.

9. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Loved it! I found it hilarious (both eps). I also do love all the intellectual banter and hope to see more of that throughout the season.

One thing where I was confused (quite possibly due to my memory problems) was with Raj talking around the attractive women. When and how did that take a turn?

10. Hank

Hank AC•FTW TCF Club

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA
    He was drinking most of the time. Although was he drinking when Bernadette came by his apartment by surprise?

11. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Oh he was? I didn't notice that. I remember thinking that, since he could only talk to the girls when he was drinking, something was weird - or I just forgot something from previously.

12. snowjay

snowjay 40mph couch potato

Mar 26, 2007
    Almost in...
    Yeah, Raj had just opened a beer and took a sip before Bernadette knocked on the door.

13. Hank

Hank AC•FTW TCF Club

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA
    [church lady]
    Hmmmmm...How convenient?!?
    [/church lady]

14. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    Seems like Raj has been drinking more and more. Maybe there's a "very special episode" in the works.... ;)

15. Robin

Robin Impolite arrogant woman

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    My husband and I laughed so hard we cried at the kissing scene. It just kept going!

Bernadette screaming at Raj was something else. She kept lapsing into "Howard's Mom" territory!

16. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Love the various ways Penny greeted Sheldon at the door.

17. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    You know, I hadn't thought of that. Perhaps that's intentional. After all Howard is a moma's boy and maybe Howard's mom is teaching her to be more like her!! :)

18. snowjay

snowjay 40mph couch potato

Mar 26, 2007
    Almost in...
    Yeah, no kidding. I thought the scene would of been funnier if he couldn't say anything and just shrugged his shoulders at Bernadette.

19. Robin

Robin Impolite arrogant woman

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    Have you heard her do her impression of Howard's mom? It's dead-on. It actually reminds me she's an actress IRL! They could totally fire Mrs. Wollowitz and stick with Bernadette. (Although I'll bet it kills her throat.)

20. Vendikarr

Vendikarr New Member

Feb 24, 2004
    I am surprised that the Parents Television Council hasn't jumped on this yet. A show airing during prime time when children can see it featuring a character so dependent on alcohol. Seems like it would be right up their alley.

Or are they only wound up by sex?