Big Bang Theory ending at Season 12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by rgr, Aug 23, 2018.

1. rgr

rgr Member

Feb 21, 2003

Advertisements

Great show. Sad to see it go.
    'The Big Bang Theory' to end in 2019 with final season

mattack likes this.
  2. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    I've always enjoyed it, but it is getting a bit long in the tooth. 12 seasons is almost unheard of with any show these days. It's had a good run and it's probably time to put it to rest before they jump the shark.

LOL, that would be a great series finale if they got Sheldon to water ski on a dare and had him jump the shark tank.

ThePennyDropped, Tony_T and Steveknj like this.
  3. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    So after this coming season huh? I kept reading all summer that they were in negotiations for 2 more seasons. I'll bet the show was going to be too expensive and they couldn't reach an agreement, so they just decided that's it.

4. dtle

dtle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2001
    DFW
    The big question is now if there will be a spin-off for anyone of them, kinda like Joey after Friends ended.

My take:
    Leonard and Penny are married with kids (presumably, at the end of the show), so it will have to be just a normal family sitcom. NO

Even though Howard is a "kookie" character, but he and Berny are married with kids. NO

Sheldon and Amy may have potential sitcom show, but the whole Sheldon routine is getting old. MAYBE

The only one I can see with a good show is Raj. It'll be a major move by a network to have an Asian Indian as the main cast. We can see his further adventures as he try to survive a new city and job. They need to throw in another hook, something like he's poor now. The only friend he has is maybe Stuart. MAYBE

5. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT

Advertisements

Let's talk about what might be the final scene.....

My gut is telling me the elevator is finally fixed (or maybe Sheldon had fixed it a looooong time ago) and they go in and the door closes...or version 2 is it closes and they get stuck.

Mikeguy likes this.
  6. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    You are forgetting, we already have a spinoff....Young Sheldon.

As far as the others, I don't see it. There have been a couple of other shows with Indians or other Asians as main characters. I don't think, in this day and age, that would be a big deal. I just don't think the Raj character could carry a whole show. And I agree, the others would be too typical. Maybe Penny and Leanard move to Nebraska and they write a series about that situation? Intellectual scientist living among the "real" Americans? It's been done in various forms already, including Young Sheldon. I just think that they'll just move on from TBBT and YS will be the only spinoff.

7. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Yep, exactly what I'm thinking. Sheldon has fixed the elevator, didn't tell anyone because among his other foibles, he's claustrophobic too. But maybe that's too cliche?

8. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    I have been binge watching. The show hit some dry episodes a few years ago but is back on stride. Guess it is better to go out on top.....

9. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    My take on the last episode.. they find out Sheldon has bought the building because he doesn't want to move again.

Mikeguy likes this.
  10. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    Oddly enough, Stewart getting the spinoff would probably work best. He gets random customers and celebs coming to his comic book store. It's an interesting hook. And he's an odd quirky personality that they could easily mold into something more elaborate.

Steveknj and mrdbdigital like this.
  11. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    Go way subtler - have a shot where you can see some of the TV as one of the characters is playing Mass Effect; as they launch the MAKO off a ridge.

12. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Last episode: Haily is allowed out of her room :)

Steveknj likes this.
  13. snerd

snerd Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2008
    Sheldon builds a time machine and goes 30 years into the future to meet himself, only to learn that he's been missing for 30 years.

Steveknj likes this.
  14. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Unfortunately, Arrested Development already did that joke (with Henry Winkler, no less) so I doubt another show would want to copy that.

15. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I might watch Raj and Stuart.

16. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Ehhh... I like the show, but it's probably good it's ending. It's pretty much run it's course. Not sure a spinoff would really work.

Tony_T likes this.
  17. jaimz2

jaimz2 Member

Dec 22, 2001
    Greer, SC
    Howard gets his doctorate, Rhaj meets the woman of his dreams, Leonard finally gets love from his mom, The elevator gets fixed, Howard's father returns, Rhaj moves to India to work for their space agency,We learn Penny's last name. Stewart and his employee become a couple. Penny visits her doctor and finds out she is pregnant while diving home her check engine light comes on and she ignores it. Her car stalls on a railroad track and the worst happens. Next scene is black screen with all of the gang shouting "Push, you can do it" slow focus to a delivery room. The gang are ohhing and awing over a baby girl... Amy and Sheldon's. They name her Penny. Sheldon declares "This is better than any Noble prize" The End.

I got this from FB :)

18. andyw715

andyw715 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007
    I've never watched the show, it is any good?

19. shady

shady Previously European TCF Club

May 31, 2002
    Morgan...
    This

20. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I like it, except for the Penny dies part. That's just TOO dark for this show which has never shown a dark side like that.

BTW, shouldn't this thread be over in TV Talk (where we have two other threads speculating on the ending)?

DevdogAZ likes this.