Beta testers for TiVo -> Video iPod

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Luv2BeLDS97, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Luv2BeLDS97

Luv2BeLDS97 DirecTiVo Luvr.. j/k

Apr 30, 2005
    (quoted from Tivo's press release website dated 11/21/2005)

I have a video iPod, how is TiVo going to find me to test it for them? :) OR do I need to contact TiVo somehow?

*raises hand and yells to TiVo* I HAVE A VIDEO IPOD!! I JUST BOUGHT IT LAST WEEK! I am AVAILABLE

2. Resist

Resist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2003
    I have a PSP and available also!

3. Luv2BeLDS97

Luv2BeLDS97 DirecTiVo Luvr.. j/k

Apr 30, 2005
    ROFL...stand in line behind me..

*holds up a sign that reads "AVAILABLE VIDEO IPOD TESTERS" right outside TiVo HQ*

4. jazz007

jazz007 New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Yes, please let me know how I can subscribe to this beta service. I have both a VPOD and a PSP.

5. ptrader

ptrader New Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Me too! Me too! One brand spanking new video ipod and brand new P4 HT computer just waiting, wanting, begging to be a beta tester...

Also, the article I read claims the software is available to current subscribers...but I haven't found it yet!

6. Justin Thyme

Justin Thyme Contra sceleris

Mar 29, 2005
    The Tivo beta is not currently available to anyone.

However you can get your video to your iPod today. It is a fairly easy process, but there are a few steps. Take a look at Dave Zatz's site for this sort of information. Especially see his 11/21 article on Tivo->iPod/Psp.

Tivo does not do wide release betas like with computer software, except in the final weeks before final release. In all likelihood the number of beta testers at first will be very small and drawn for the most part from ranks of known former testers.

7. Re-Hash

Re-Hash Registered Loser

Aug 24, 2005
  8. aegrant00

aegrant00 New Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Castle...
    Well, I for one believe that the testing will be phenomenal. I own these devices and look forward to these developments.

Andy

9. Stu_Bee

Stu_Bee New Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Silicon...
  10. MediaDog

MediaDog New Member

Jan 16, 2005
    West Salem, WI
    To TiVo beta manager,

I am a long time (read since TiVo year 1) faithful TiVo owner.

I currently have a TiVo Series 2 160HR (among others) and also have:

New iPod with Video (60GB)
    New iMac G5 2Ghz (with 10.4 and a second drive with 10.3)
    Fairly New Windows XP Pro system (2.7Ghz)
    Broadband Cable service @ 3Mbs.
    I use the current TiVo-to-go software

And I would love to be considered for your alpha/beta testing of TiVo-To-Go for iPod with video use.

I have been a TiVo beta tester in the past (many years ago), and would love to be one again.

I have kept my 'application' for beta status at the TiVo Website up to date, but it does not offer an option for me to tell you that I am also an iPod with Video owner.

So... if your reading this =) please consider me, or at least have someone update the TiVo Beta form on the website so we can update it and be considered thru normal channels.

I can be contacted at: andrew 'at' merlinmedia 'dot' com

Thanks,

MediaDog

PS. This is a first post under this new ID, I have long since forgotten my original login to the TiVo community forums from back in the early years. Sorry for the cross post, I saw this one after posting on the other thread.

11. lowepg

lowepg New Member

Sep 20, 2005
    Dude,

The original poster isnt the beta manager... they aint gonna troll these forums looking for YOU...

lol

12. jspain3

jspain3 New Member

Oct 12, 2004
    Woodstock, GA
    I'm having trouble with the TVHarmony conversion. When I use TVHarmony, it finishes in .68 seconds and nothing is actually done.

I tried using just the TiVo converter outside of the TVHarmony application and after asking for my TiVo's IP address, it produces an error: "Failed to communicate with your TiVo" or something like that.

Is this because my signal strength happened to be low at the time (roughly 25-30%)?

13. Okeemike

Okeemike Tastes like lemons

Apr 24, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Hey guys, go back online to your Beta application. There is now a specific question about a video iPod and PSP.