Bestbuy no longer have Tivo Items in store

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by srtdodge05, Oct 18, 2015.

1. srtdodge05

srtdodge05 Member

Sep 25, 2015

Advertisements

I'm trying to get another mini for my parents and there isn't one bestbuy in my area that has anything TiVo in stock. No mini 9200 or 9300. If I order online I can get it by 10/28. I'd have to drive to another state if I want to do a same day pickup.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  2. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    That's a pretty damning thread title, too bad it's not at all accurate.

What you mean is that YOUR local BestBuy does not have Tivo products in stock, I can find Minis, Roamios, and Bolts all locally in multiple BestBuy locations in the Boston area, I know it doesn't help you for today, but it will help others that see the incredibly inaccurate thread title.

3. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Exactly. Words matter.

It seems that the Bolt has been so successful that locally they are out of stock.

4. srtdodge05

srtdodge05 Member

Sep 25, 2015
    I put my zip code in to find a best buy in Michigan to get a MINI and no stores have them. Its telling me a store in ohio has them. I tried the 9200/9300 series and nothing. 10/28 is when I can get one if I order online. I have a list of 17 stores.

5. dianebrat

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish

Advertisements

Fine, but just because they're not local to you, I can find all of the products within 30 minutes of me at multiple sites, that's not "BestBuy doesn't stock them in retail" that's "your region appears to not have stock"
    TCF is bigger then just MI, there's no need to post a panic inducing incorrect headline on a thread just because your corner of the world is out of stock on an item.

Oh and you can have them Tuesday from Amazon...

6. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    The OP might be on to something. BB definitely hasn't been restocking Roamios and Minis so anything out there is old inventory. The only thing widely available within hundreds of miles of me is the Bolt but there's ample evidence (other BB thread in Bolt Forum) they made a conscious decision on a widespread scale to hide those in a back room (I assume at least until the Roamio/Mini inventory is gone or Thanksgiving week). My last trip to my BB a few days ago they had removed the Mini and Roamio OTA price tags from the shelf as there were none left. There was only one Roamio Basic on the shelf but they've been hiding Bolts in the back since it's introduction a couple of weeks ago.

7. dianebrat

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Yesterday I saw a Roamio in Magnolia, and Minis and both Bolts on display on the shelf in a special Tivo display, I don't count that as hiding the Bolt.

8. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    The Bolt was in last week's Best Buy flyer. I didn't find one in-store when I went to look for one (before that, the first week they were out), but I ordered one online and picked it up in the same store the next day. Maybe they'd been "hiding" it, or maybe they just hadn't got around to putting it out yet. But they seem to be trying to sell them now, at least on a national level.

BTW, the flyer put the 1 TB Bolt in the Magnolia section and the 500 GB Bolt in the regular TV section.

9. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    Magnolia Roamios (six tuner) don't compete with the Bolt. Stores are systematically clearing out Basic/OTA inventory before putting the Bolt on display.

10. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I see the Bolts available for pickup at eleven of the nineteen BestBuy stores near me. Well at least the 500GB version. The 1TB version is available for pickup at seven of the nineteen stores near me. They have Magnolias inside most(if not all)of the BestBuys around here . FOr some reason the 1TB version is the only one they offer an extended warranty on.

11. SQUIDWARD360

SQUIDWARD360 Member

May 28, 2010
    I find TiVo items all the time in my local best buy. I saw a Bolt there recently. Also, my local best buy is awful compared to most farther out.

12. trip1eX

trip1eX imo, afaik, feels like to me, *exceptions, ~aprox

Apr 2, 2005
    The Minis at my BB disappeared very recently. Other merchandise occupies the spot where they used to be. Online doesn't show them in stock. I looked around in the store some and didn't see anything.

13. FitzAusTex

FitzAusTex Member

May 7, 2014
    Was in my local best buy Saturday and the shelf that had the three roamios and minis had some other product. Looked all over the place for a special display, but didn't find one. Didn't think to check out the Magnolia section, but will this week.

14. andyw715

andyw715 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007
    At my Best Buy (Wilmington NC) there is an endcap with 4 shelves. The top 2 shelves where Chromecasts, Rokus, and Apple TVs. The next was a shelf of hdmi cables and some other stuff.

The bottom shelf had a lone 500GB Bolt.

I know store space is expensive, but if TiVo is serious about retail sales and "getting the word out" they need to come up with some display that has some marketing stuff and maybe a LCD with a Bolt hooked up to it.

If it its as performant as I read, playing around with it for 5 minutes might change many people's mind about cable co STBs

15. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Just because a store did not put it up does not mean it does not exist (display unit). I've seen them many times on endcaps at BB.

16. trip1eX

trip1eX imo, afaik, feels like to me, *exceptions, ~aprox

Apr 2, 2005
    ON the website, the new Minis have the Magnolia label while the old models do not. That might be why I don't see Minis at my store any longer. No Magnolia section at my store.

The BB website says my store does have the Roamio basic in stock though even though I didn't see it when I looked around on my way out the door the other day.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  17. Series3Sub

Series3Sub Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Yeah, I would support the mods to re-word this thread title. I thought all BB were no longer putting TiVo on its shelves.

Example: "[MY] Best Buy . . ."

18. Chuck_IV

Chuck_IV Active Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Connecticut
    Just as a point, it does seem like they are no longer on shelves.

Was just at my local Best Buy last night(for something else) and remembering this thread, I took a look at the section where the minis and Roamio's we about a month ago and now nothing. It's now all other streamers and no hint of Tivo anymore. I walked around the area and saw nothing. Didn't even see anything in the Magnolia section either but I admittedly didn't look that hard in that section.

19. waynomo

waynomo My One Time

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    I guess you've never heard of "Hiding in plain sight?" :D

20. waynomo

waynomo My One Time

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    And you didn't ask anyone. I can count multiple times when I've looked for something in a store where it's supposed to be and can't find it. I ask the sales clerk for assistance and it was right there.