Best Wireless Adapter-TivoToGo

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Maynard123, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Maynard123

Maynard123 New Member

Apr 14, 2003
    San Diego

Advertisements

I have a Samsung Directv DVR SIR=S4120R that has two USB 1.1 ports on it. I have not yet connected it to my home network, but now I own an iPhone and I have found that due to my travel schedule, my best shot for watching any Tivo over the next few months will be on my iPhone.

My wireless router is on the other side of the house, so I think I will have a very weak signal to my Tivo DVR. I think the first thing I need to do is find a good wireless adapter for my Tivo DVR...is there one with particularly good range that people like?

I have a D-Link DI-524 wireless router which I'm willing to swap out if necessary too.

Thanks for any advice

2. Leon WIlkinson

Leon WIlkinson TiVo Gone Wild

Feb 13, 2000
    TiVo Town
    You might want the TiVo branded wireless adapter.

3. schuler

schuler New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    I have a very similiar situation. My router is on one side of the house. I added a Linksys G access point. This is then hard wired into the main router. The access point is placed in a closet in the middle of my house. This allows for me to have my TiVo wireless adapter work and also I can use a laptop anywhere in the house.

4. nahu123

nahu123 New Member

Oct 28, 2005
    I agree with the previous posters> After trying less expensive wireless USB and losing the signal time and time again, I went with the TiVo-branded device. Haven't had a problem since. They are expensive at the bricks and mortar locations but online retailers have better deals. I also see them on craigslist occassionally.

Good luck.

5. ForrestB

ForrestB New Member

Apr 8, 2004

Advertisements

The Tivo brand wireless network adapter is NOT compatable with your Samsung DirecTivo.

Your question was answered here http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=359969