Best Buy availability?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by mahk, Sep 18, 2006.

1. mahk

mahk New Member

Mar 1, 2005

Advertisements

Now that I was lazy and missed the first wave of S3s at the local Best Buys, anyone have a sense of when they may be getting their next shipments? When's the next Tivo truck arrive? :rolleyes:

2. Bodshal

Bodshal Penguin-tastic!

Jan 4, 2005
    Cedar...
    Online, they say 1 to 2 weeks.

Chris.

3. Dssturbo1

Dssturbo1 New Member

Feb 22, 2005
    if your lazy just order from tivo.com the shipping and confusion should be over by the end of this week.

4. Bodshal

Bodshal Penguin-tastic!

Jan 4, 2005
    Cedar...
    Hell, order it today. You'll probably get it before the one I ordered last Tuesday.

(I since bailed and got the last one in southern NJ yesterday afternoon at BB)

Chris.

5. mahk

mahk New Member

Mar 1, 2005

Advertisements

I should have mentioned ... lazy and cheap ... I've got BB coupons and a RewardZone card that will take enough off of the price to make it worthwhile picking it up in retail (even if I have to wait).

As the online stock status has been unreliable (they have said "unavailable" in all stores even though S3s were on the shelves), I was wondering if anyone had heard anything first hand from sales staff...

6. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Wanna bet?

7. Dssturbo1

Dssturbo1 New Member

Feb 22, 2005
    No Sir!

8. reub

reub New Member

Sep 15, 2006
    I checked today at a BB in the Boston area. Had a very pleasant, informative conversation with some helpful staff (which was a very disorienting experience, but that's off-topic).

They told me that they get a shipment ("a truck") every Friday and generally know by the preceding Wednesday what will be on it.

The checked the inventory sytem and told me that they didn't expect any in this Friday's shipment, but based on the "in stock date" for the warehouse, there would probably be some in the next one. I didn't ask how many.

Somewhat related - I was still able to add the service plan to my cart online. I did this in the hopes that if they remove it, they'll still honor an item added to a user's cart.