Below Deck Med and WWHL

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by lhvetinari, Jul 14, 2020.

1. lhvetinari

lhvetinari Watching telly, drinking wine - Lily Allen TCF Club

Jun 24, 2019
    Chicago

Advertisements

Once again, TiVo smashed the new BDM episode and the WWHL after-show for 7-13 into one 1h30m show labelled BDM. Seemed like it had skip for both parts. I prefer it this way, but keep an eye out if you record WWHL as a separate SP - you'll wind up with a second copy.

2. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    I actually like this way as well because it ensures I get both when Below Deck cast are featured on WWHL. I don't normally watch WWHL so I don't have a OnePass set for it.

3. lhvetinari

Jun 24, 2019
    Chicago
    Same thing this week, shows recording new episode from 8-9:30 - assuming that includes WWHL. Agree with @jsmeeker , I like it - especially since guide data locally for WWHL seems to be so terrible I never actually know who's on it unless I look it up online.

4. lhvetinari

Jun 24, 2019
    Chicago
    Bumping - interesting, this last Monday's "episode" was 2 hours long - included the BDM finale, the WWHL aftershow *and* Bravo Chat Room.

5. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV

Advertisements

Yeah, odd that. Just today I decided to watch and was surprised to see it was 2 hours long. Then I remembered another recording this season that had 1.5 hrs and it was 1hr of BDM and half hour of Andy's show.

Guide data is just so screwed up anymore, like about 99% of the time. I've been quite frustrated by it.

6. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Forgot to say - I looked ahead for next Monday at 9pm, to make sure the reunion special is scheduled to record and, no big surprise there, it's not showing on the guide data at this time. It shows some Vanderpump thing in that time slot at 9pm, 11pm, and 1am. Have to keep an eye on that. I'm tired of doing their job.

7. lhvetinari

Jun 24, 2019
    Chicago
    Yeah, I was showing the same thing. It's what Joe calls "boilerplate" - evidenced by the generic description text. I assume it'll be fixed in today's update - since weekend updates don't usually fix anything.

Personally, the magic expanding BDM is the one incident of f-d up guide data I don't mind - since I record WWHL anyway, no major difference. Keeps all the BDM related content together.

No skip mode, which was weird - usually it has it.

8. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Yeah, that sucked. I'm so spoiled by skip! :) I wish there was better guide data for WWHL because I like to watch him - with people with whom I'm familiar. But I don't watch any of the housewife stuff, so I just look every now and then and see if there is an episode that interests me. I know I could just record them all but that would give me anxiety. (yeah, weird - I know)

9. lhvetinari

Jun 24, 2019
    Chicago
    Oof, the guide data for WWHL sucks so bad. All I get is the title "Episode 12345" where the episode number is just season+episode number together. No descriptions, or anything. I wind up checking the WWHL web site at Bravo to see who's on for this week.

10. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    One good thing is that if I happened to catch an episode of WWHL early in the week, there is one break where he shows who is on for the rest of the week. I saw this today and there was nobody I even knew except for Kate (or maybe it was Hannah - forgot already), so I'm passing for the week. :)

11. lhvetinari

Jun 24, 2019
    Chicago
    Maybe they fixed it? Looked and saw this from last night - better than usual, at least it’s got the names [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk