Been a long time since I activated a new d'tivo

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by self, Jan 5, 2008.

1. self

self New Member

Jul 10, 2002

Advertisements

so I can't recall if this is correct behaviour or not :).

It's been over 12 hours, and any search by time (even for the current time!) says there's no data. However, the guide in live tv shows things. I ended up, as an experiment, setting up a season pass for "Desperate Housewives" after finding it that way, and even though I saw the episode listed in the guide, the To Do list says there are no episodes scheduled.

This is a refurb Philips DSR704 I got via Weaknees; it came with 6.2, and, after reading various threads here, I have not left the phone line hooked up after the initial guided setup.

Thanks again!

2. IminMs

IminMs New Member

Sep 9, 2006
    Try rebooting it and then see if that helps.

3. self

self New Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Hrm. I tried rebooting, and it still says "No programs match your search" for "Browse by Time" for the current time.

As before, when I do a "Search by Title", all it finds are "XM for Business" titles. And it takes a very, very long time to do even that. :( (And it hangs while doing this -- in this case, I entered an 'S' as the first letter, it searched for a long time, found the various "XM for Business" titles... and then did not respond to the remote for a minute or more.)

4. ForrestB

ForrestB New Member

Apr 8, 2004
    The Schedule Data is transmitted via satellite overnight (2 am?) and then it takes another 12 hours to index the data.

5. self

self New Member

Jul 10, 2002

Advertisements

Hm. Okay. I'll wait until tomorrow afternoon then. I hope that's all it is; it's very worrisome :).

Thanks!

6. wedgecon

wedgecon Just Plain Awesome TCF Club

Dec 28, 2002
    Vancouver, WA
    The guide data is transmitted via a constant trickle. The download at 2:00 AM is the service data download which is mostly the gold star promotions and does not include any guide data.

7. self

self New Member

Jul 10, 2002
    That's what I recalled, but I'm not trusting my memory at this point ;).

The system's been active for over 14 hours now, thus my worry. But, as I said, I'll give it until tomorrow afternoon. After that, I have no idea what I should do. Hopefully it'll be moot.

8. self

self New Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Yip, that seems to have done it -- thanks :).