BBC America Acquires "Battlestar Galactica"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DianaMo, Apr 22, 2011.

1. DianaMo

DianaMo Cubs fan

Oct 22, 2003
  2. Michael S

Michael S Member

Jan 12, 2004
    I want to know what does BSG have to do with the UK? Ever since the buy out the channel has gone down hill. They show series like Star Trek:TNG and I think there going to be showing the X-files soon. Shows that have nothing to do with UK.

3. pteronaut

pteronaut Killer of Threads

Dec 26, 2009
    Indiana
    They've been showing the X-Files on the weekday sci-fi slot for a couple of months now. (In fact it's been on for so long, that it has gone full rotation.)

I think their rationale being the showing of shows that didn't originate in the UK is that they were successful in the UK.

As far as BSG goes, that was a co-production between NBCU & Sky TV (an Australian owned, British satellite TV network), so I'd also expect to see the Stargate franchise on BBCA pretty soon also.

4. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Besides that, we should be thankful to have a cable channel dedicated to keeping science fiction on the air (so to speak). There really aren't any others available in the US.

5. MirclMax

MirclMax Ancient Member

Jul 12, 2000
    Well I'm going with the obvious that probably it was a popular show to British viewers and the network thinks it will be popular. However if you need a stronger connection ..

How about it is a hugely successful TV show staring at least 2 UK actors: Jamie "Apollo" Bamber and James "Baltar" Callis. And if you'd be willing to stretch things out a bit to include the Commonwealth country of Canada ... there are several Canadian actors as well ... e.g. by character .. Six, Tigh, Tyrol, Helo, Gaeta, Dr. Cottle, and so on ..

Personally, I'm just happy (as mentioned already in this thread) that there is a network that likes putting SciFi on.

6. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Ah the thought came to me of a continuation of the BSG series with Brits. I'd watch it.

7. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    If it is just syndicated repeats, I will skip it. I saw all the episodes when it was originally broadcast.