Battlestar Galactica's Richard Hatch on Zarek (Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Malcontent, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Malcontent

Malcontent Ancient Astronaut Theorist

Sep 4, 2004
  2. Saturn_V

Saturn_V Now with flavor!

Jun 1, 2007
    Oklahoma...
    He still seems rather bitter about the whole thing. He was part of the best sci-fi show of the past decade, and he's still angry that it wasn't his version of Galactica that was produced and successful.

3. aintnosin

aintnosin [Spoiler]

Jun 25, 2003
    Lake Forest, CA
    I didn't get that at all. He would rather his character go out a hero (who wouldn't), but bitter? No way.

4. Malcontent

Malcontent Ancient Astronaut Theorist

Sep 4, 2004
    I remember Hatch campaigning for a new Galatica series YEARS before this current one. I think he even went so far as spending some of his own money to film teaser/promo footage of Galatica to get people interested. At the time Glenn Larson said that it would NEVER happen. Basically thought the idea was stupid and wouldn't give Hatch the time of day.

Funny how things turned out.

5. Fish Man

Fish Man Phish Food

Mar 4, 2002
    0.7 miles...

Advertisements

That's my take also.

He talks about how he'd like the show (and his character) to go on for "10 more seasons" because he's enjoyed being a part of it so much, but he knows that's just not to be. The show itself only has a few episodes left.

He said his only regret was that the writers chose not to let his character go out in a more "heroic" fashion.