Battlestar Galactica "Pegasus" 9/23/2005 *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by robpickles, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Sep 23, 2005 #1 of 371
    robpickles

robpickles Lurking Around

May 19, 2005
    Brooklyn, NY
    The Admiral has GOT to either be a Spylon or just a plain psychopath.

Rob :)

2. Sep 23, 2005 #2 of 371
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Seems like a psychopath to me.

And I'm no expert on Colonial law, but in our universe raping a prisoner is a capital offense, so a strong legal argument could be made that Helo and the Chief were totally justified in their actions to prevent a crime that was being committed.

3. Sep 23, 2005 #3 of 371
    cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    WOW! I had no idea how much time was left in the ep so I was SO shocked (and pissed!) when it abruptly ended! Why can't the President do anything? Isn't she in command of even the Admiral?

What a great episode and season. I can't wait until January!!!

PS Do we know if Sharon's still pregnant or not? Wasn't the last time we saw her was when she was in the operating room and Xena the reporter saw her?

4. Sep 23, 2005 #4 of 371
    cwoody222

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    Yea, but in their universe the Cylon's aren't people... they're robots without feelings or rights, etc.

5. Sep 23, 2005 #5 of 371
    robpickles

robpickles Lurking Around

May 19, 2005
    Brooklyn, NY
    I also think the "Cylon Interrogater" was a bit much with the rapings. Pegasus' Admiral and crew need some serious therapy.

Rob :)

6. Sep 23, 2005 #6 of 371
    Skittles

Skittles West Coast citizen!

May 25, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Wow. That scene with the Cylon Interrogator is quite possibly the most vivid and shocking bit of television I've seen outside of The Shield. That really just set me on edge and had me saying "Holy frak" once it was all done.

I'm wondering if PegasusSix is the one that Gaius is supposed to impregnate.

I'm also wondering about the significance of the Cylons staying on the trail of Galactica.

Some interesting (if dizzying) camera work at the end during the conversation between Adama and Admiral Ro. I liked it.

The only real complaint, and it's fairly major, is the HORRIBLE music in some of the scenes. The two worst compositions were in the scene where Admiral Ro lands on Galactica in the Raptor, and when Gaius is in the cell with PegasusSix and is bringing her food. It was so horribly bad that it just ruined each of those two scenes for me.

It's gonna be a long three months. :(

7. Sep 23, 2005 #7 of 371
    cwoody222

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    The music was definitely different than past episodes. I didn't mind it but I did feel it was odd from them to change music like that out of nowhere for this episode.

8. Sep 23, 2005 #8 of 371
    Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    That was a lot of alert fighters! I wouldn't be surprised if Pegasus has more alert fighters that Galactica has total fighters.

If they don't agree to live and let live and transfer everyone back it is going to play havoc with the back half of the season. Apollo is out on a Pegasus missions, Baltar in in the Pegasus brig, there are a bunch of Pegasus crew on Galactica, we don't know who else was transferred from Galactica to Pegasus... Thats more than can be straightened out even with a successful snatch and grab of the prisoners.

I did like the fact that Pegasus looked different than Galactica. It should since Galactica is an older battlestar. And they were careful to keep all of Pegasus's Vipers the new mark VIIs, as they should be.

I was surprised the Admiral didn't make any mention of what Pegasus did to overcome the Cylon attack on the networked battlestar computers. Sure, they might not have had a chance in that first encounter at the shipyard, but unless Pegasus knew to take countermeasures they should have gotten disabled by it the first time they jumped the Cylons, and by they own admission they've been doing hit and run raids on them since they escaped.

A heck of a change from the original show's episode with Pegasus.

9. Sep 24, 2005 #9 of 371
    hefe

hefe Rebus Philbin

Dec 5, 2000
    CO via Chi-town
    Wow. That was intense.

I thought it was awfully cool bringing back the traditional Battlestar look for the Pegasus.

Sure is going to be a long wait...

10. Sep 24, 2005 #10 of 371
    Rojma

Rojma HD & Tivo Enthusiast

May 18, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    I'm betting that they use just that to disable the Peagus and get back the Galactica crew members. They could use the Cylon aboard Galactica (Sharon) to spread the Cylon virus to the Peagus, disabling it and all of its fighters giving Galactica the edge. I'm sure Sharon would be more than willing after her attempted rape.

11. Sep 24, 2005 #11 of 371
    Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    I think the Pegasus is one of the modern ships, so that would explain the differences...

I also make the parallel to cylons and slaves...it was perfectly normal to rape a slave since they were not considered "human" :(

finally, I'm a little disappointed...the solution to this stand-off is pretty easy and obvious: the president will relieve the Admiral and promote Adama to take over the entire fleet...a little tense moments as the Admiral orders her people around but then they stand their ground and not obey her...I hope the writers are not this predictable!

12. Sep 24, 2005 #12 of 371
    stantonl

stantonl New Member

Jun 21, 2004
    Eagle River, Ak
    Wow! I was thrown off the couch by this ep. I must say the rape as a interrogation tactic is a bit over board. I don't see how demoting apollo will help the situation. That would be nothing but a mutiny waiting to happen in my opinion. I was glad to see adama stand up for his men. Can't wait until Jan.
    Stantonl

13. Sep 24, 2005 #13 of 371
    spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    Holy crap! I can't believe this series outdoes itself week after week after week.

It will be a long wait till january, but hey-at least it's not a year, like 24, nip/tuck or The sopranos.

14. Sep 24, 2005 #14 of 371
    oski87

oski87 Idiot

Dec 12, 2003
    Yeeeah... that's sort of... the whole point....

Adama aint just exerting blind loyalty. He is consistently moral first, military second.

OK- On to more important points:

JANUARY????? FRAKFRAKFRAKFRAKFRAKMOTHERFRAKFRAKFRAKFRAK!!!!!!!!!!

I thought the music was incredible tonite, start to finish.

15. Sep 24, 2005 #15 of 371
    oski87

oski87 Idiot

Dec 12, 2003
    I will toss $50 down now that says that is NOT going to be how this shakes out.

16. Sep 24, 2005 #16 of 371
    Warren

Warren Wild Hair

Oct 18, 2001
    I really liked this one. I really need to get season one on DVD.

17. Sep 24, 2005 #17 of 371
    Johnsan

Johnsan New Member

Sep 24, 2005
    Yeah no way will the admiral let herself be removed, she does not respect civilian authority as suggested by fact she drafted the civilian avionics dude as the bay chief (probably after icing the old one hahah great management style). She is likely to remove the Pres if she gets the chance.

I think maybe her hard-drinking XO (Russell Crowe's buddy from LA Confidential) might just take out his sidearm and ice *her* to end the upcoming sh1tstorm, making Adama the new military boss. Actually I don't think that, but it would be cool.

Didn't the original BSG have a Pegasus battlestar captained by Lloyd Bridges?

18. Sep 24, 2005 #18 of 371
    Alvis

Alvis New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Any of you notice the hesitation on Pegasus when Admiral Cain ordered military action while there wasn't any on Galactica. My money is on Pegasus crew removing Cain from command. And since name of the show is Galactica, Pegasus won't make it past this season. :(

19. Sep 24, 2005 #19 of 371
    Omega Supreme

Omega Supreme New Member

Jul 20, 2005
    Holy crap, that has got to be the best season/half-season finale (?) I've ever seen. I just knew something like this would happen, but wow, it still gave me goosebumps.

20. Sep 24, 2005 #20 of 371
    cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Hmm, this had never even crossed my mind. Interesting hypotheses....

I too wondered the whole time as to how they survived w/their more advanced networked computers and wished they addressed it.

Yes, in TOS Pegasus was commanded by Lloyd Bridges.

The music was definitely different in this ep but I didn't mind it at all. If you wanna hear bad sci-fi music, try watching the B5 spinoff: Crusade. Man, the music was annoying.

I was afraid that this ep would be a major disappointment since they picked a female to be the commander of Pegasus and just a ho hum character from Star Trek TNG (Ensign Ro) at that. I was hoping for Claudia Christian or Kate Mulgrew or maybe Linda Hamilton if they were going to use a woman. But, in the end.... WOW! This was an incredible ep!

BSG now has 3 thumbs up on my Tivo instead of 2.