Battlestar Galactica: Blood And Chrome Leaked Trailer

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dtle, Mar 23, 2012.

1. dtle

dtle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2001
    DFW
  2. Barmat

Barmat Member

Jun 1, 2001
    Livermore CA
    Too bad Syphilis passed on this as an ongoing series and it will be a one time TV movie instead. Oh well I haven't watched anything on that channel since they dropped the other BSG spin-off.

3. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    Yes, I'm pretty sure I recall him being referred to as Husker in the flashback episode where he was played by a younger actor. I don't recall much about the episode itself, except that it (maybe?) had an "Enemy Mine" type of plot, and that at one point he was falling to earth from high up in the atmosphere.

4. kaszeta

kaszeta $nullstring TCF Club

Jun 11, 2004
    Grantham, NH
    In the Miniseries, they unveiled the refurbed Mark II Viper and it had the "Husker" callsign on it.

5. moetown

moetown New Member

Jan 24, 2006

Advertisements

Lots of good and bad news about the series this week: http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/battlestar-galactica-blood-and-chrome-cancelled-syfy/

Movie still going forward but it appears will not be picked up as a regular series. They still might make it a digital series online but who knows where that will go.

I think Netflix needs some Sci-Fi orgional content.

6. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    It's a crying shame; SyFy will likely kick itself for not turning this into a TeeVee series. The trailer looks awesome...can't wait.

7. Win Joy Jr

Win Joy Jr Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Eastern...
    Ok, why is the content restricted on mobile? Can't view it on my iPad.

8. pudding7

pudding7 New Member

May 13, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Wow, that trailer was awesome.

9. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Conceptually, in terms of the show it's promoting, it looked really cool.

From an execution standpoint however, it felt very amateurish to me. It was almost like one of those countless videos you see on youtube where a fan decides to put together a bunch of clips of their favorite show and play a random song underneath it.

That, and after the first 40 seconds of smash jump cuts, I'm pretty sure I had a seizure. :)

10. USAFSSO

USAFSSO Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Las Cruces, NM
    Really? Zeppelin?

Over all could be good.

11. philw1776

philw1776 Active Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Seacoast NH
    Meh
    What was wonderful about the BSG reboot at first was the fresh take on the world building vision. Intriguing mysteries, great casting, excellent acting and decent dialog. Oh and smoking hawt Cylons.

This preview looked like a teenage boy's X-Box game.

Yah this SF starved fan will watch and hope to make it thru the entire flick.

12. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2005
  13. rondotcom

rondotcom I Like To Watch

Feb 12, 2005
  14. vertigo235

vertigo235 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte
    Yup

15. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.
    It's really all pointless now. Galactica is dead, Caprica is dead, SyFy is NOT a science fiction channel any more, they're not even really doing new series except that Lost Girl thing that's not really scifi anyway (more gothic or occult) and from the start came across as gasping for breath.

Most likely they're only airing this because there's a contractual obligation somewhere, and because they figure they can at least make a few dollars selling some advertising time.

SyFy should either go back to the channel's roots, or continue on its course to being the cable TV version of a vacant lot where the broken down remains of an empty building have finally been removed.

16. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I have the nine studeo albums on CD, I would have prefered the original.

Looks kind of meh. Lots of action but that can only go so far.

17. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2004
  18. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
  19. caslu

caslu Active Member

Jun 24, 2003
    I'm a major fan of both Ron Moore's remake and even Caprica, but have low hopes for this project given its history.

20. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    ^^^
    Heh, I was a big fan of the Ron Moore's remake of BSG but definitely not of Caprica.

Man... I tried watching a few eps of Caprica, the eps kept piling up on my TiVo and finally the show got canceled. I had reasonably high hopes for it. I agree w/the complaints that it was a show that takes itself too seriously. The show was just uninteresting and didn't draw me in.