Battlestar Galactica 1/24/2005 (S01E13) "Kobol's Last Gleaming (2)"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dswallow, Jan 25, 2005.

1. dswallow

dswallow Save the Moderatоr TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    It would be so cruel if the series doesn't get picked up for a second season after this episode.

A military coup. The President and Apollo being arrested.

Boomer exposed. Twice.

Adama getting shot.

Boomer being pregnant.

Baltar possibly having a baby with a Cylon, too.

I've been impressed by this series. It's a shame it's one of those mini-seasons. I hate them.

Apparently 6 scripts for season two have been ordered. But a decision to formally pick up a second season gets made sometime in February; Sky's happy. Sci-Fi seems very pleased. So at least the outlook seems positive.

But wow, what a season finale in this episode. It's chock full of stuff happening.

2. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    Man o' LIVING. I'm gonna miss this series until it comes back again. And it will, if the folks watching it in the States are going to react to it anything like me. :)

I don't think Baltar fathered a Cylon child... unless he HIMSELF is Cylon, and fathered a child with Starbuck. But I think 6 was referring to Boomer's child.

I realized as I was watching this that it felt like watching 2001: A Space Odyssey. The classical music combined with the surreal surroundings and images... and the low camera angles at the end of Baltar experiencing his vision. Very weird and disturbing, but in a good way.

Yeah, they certainly left us with a cliffhanger... and I'm sure they know where they're going with the whole thing.

3. dswallow

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Apparently they didn't quite know where they were taking it when they wrote the cliffhanger...

http://www.nowplayingmag.com/content/view/582/2/

4. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    Well, that's kinda dissapointing. :( I hate it when writers just make it up as they go along. The should have at least the story arc planned out ahead of time. If not some of the specifics.

5. dagojr

dagojr June

Jan 9, 2004
    If scifi doesn't renew this show, i'll be so so very mad.

i will stop watching everything on scifi, even Atlantis.

man that was great, i didn't see adama getting shot coming.

not to nitpick, but when six and starbuck fell that steel should have hurt starbuck k too.

so the cylons sacrificed there ship, so they could kill adama??

boomer has had many changes before to do it.

6. MerlinMacuser

MerlinMacuser New Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Ann Arbor,...
    Please use the spoiler tag in your header.

7. dswallow

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Read the rules for the forum.

A thread title including the episode air date or episode number is inherently a spoiler.

8. Talsin

Talsin New Member

Mar 4, 2002
    All I can say is wow! Please, please let them pick it up for a second season. I work for the advertising agency Mindshare and pulled the cable stats on it for SciFi in the States and it did very good. Second highest premiere for a series on that channel. Let's hope viewership stays up.

Talsin

9. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    I agree, but not all of us have access to the episodes when they really air. The SciFi channel is airing episode 4 "Act of Contrition" this Friday.

10. dswallow

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    So? Don't read the thread, then. The date and episode number are right in front of you. The point was that spoiler are inherently implied by that sort of thread title;

11. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Well, I didn't read the posts concerning plot. And, if I did, it wouldn't matter. I'd forget by the time it airs here in the US. :D

I wonder how many readers here really keep track of the episode number? I knew something was amiss since the date shown wasn't for a Friday. :)

Doug, I know you want to be ahead of the curve, but the majority of the members here don't get SkyOne. Maybe the guidelines should have an entry that US or UK be added to the title. :)

12. dswallow

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    I wish more people would pay attention to the episode number. It'd make indexing a lot easier. ;)

13. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    I will now! Especially, if the thread is started by Doug. :)

14. Chandler Mike

Chandler Mike Lost

Mar 29, 2002
    Chandler, AZ
    Well, this is the only thread I found on the Season 1 finale, so I'm posting here.

I just finished watching the entire first season which I just bought on Friday. I was a bit sad to find out it was only 13 episodes (aside from the mini-series).

However, I was totally blown away...I mean, totally blown. I loved it...and already ordered Season 2.0 from Amazon.

I love the characters, the stories...everything. And the final scene in this episode...where Adama gets shot...I was so engrossed, that I jumped at the gunshot, and got goosebumps from it.

I have to say...my wife and I just watched the first season and caught up with the second season of Veronica Mars, and then watching the first one of this series...watching a season of a show all at once is pretty amazing.

You don't forget things, it's all fresh in your mind...

Anyways, can't wait to start season 2.

Mike

15. TiVo Bum

TiVo Bum Pure Bum

Nov 6, 2004
    LOL, agreed big time. The wife and I came into some extra money last month and decided to buy DVDs of all the series people on the forum have been talking about for years but that we just hadn't gotten into for various reasons: Scrubs, House, Battlestar Galactica, and Veronica Mars. After overloading on the DVDs I've used torrents to catch up to the current seasons and now have set up season passes to stay current. Will still buy the DVDs as soon as they come out but can now follow along with the threads. :)

My wife's not a big SciFi fan but she loved BG which was a pleasant surprise. Not sure if she would've watched it unless we did the whole first season in a weekend marathon. TV series on DVD can be dangerously addicting. :)