Battlebots July 14 Pre-emption for ABC

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by mrschimpf, Jul 14, 2016.

1. mrschimpf

mrschimpf Member

Feb 18, 2011

Advertisements

As of right now, Battlebots is still showing as on this evening; of course it's been pre-empted for the ABC News town hall on racial issues also airing on ESPN and Freeform, so it may record as Battlebots and a manual record may be needed next week if it does since it shows up as 'recorded' in the TiVo history.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Starting 7/18 expect a lot of recording/scheduling issues due to the conventions.

3. HTH

HTH No Avatar Selected

Aug 28, 2000
    Lincoln, NE
    The official @BattleBots Twitter account announced the preemption on 7/12 as being for a Presidential address: https://twitter.com/battlebots/status/753050289905754112

Eye all prime-time scheduled programming with suspicion tonight, particularly those scheduled as new: BattleBots, Greatest Hits, Spartan: Ultimate Team Challenge, Aquarius, Bones, Home Free, Big Brother, and Beauty and the Beast.

4. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I keep running update for my Tivo and tonight's Town Hall is not showing up. I set my Battlebots Season Pass to record everything in the case it thinks that it is recording it tonight. I hope I can catch it somehow. ABC is not putting anything about when or where the new episode is showing up.

5. KDeFlane

KDeFlane Active Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Silicon Valley

Advertisements

Tonight's Town Hall is scheduled to run for only 1 hour, so "Greatest Hits" should not be affected. Also, it is only being aired on Disney-owned networks (ABC, Freeform, ESPN) and should not affect the schedule for shows on other networks.

6. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    The Townhall showed up but still no episode 4 of Battlebots

7. foamy909

foamy909 Member

Mar 29, 2005
    It was not on my to-do list, as TiVo sees it as a repeat. Thanks for the heads up :up:

8. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    The guide data still shows ep 5 for me.. and I had to record it manually..