Battlebots - again - June 1

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by imagexpo, May 29, 2018.

1. imagexpo

imagexpo Member

Apr 16, 2015

Advertisements

Despite TWO Onepasses for Battlebots on Discovery, I noticed it wasn't scheduled to record (again) on June 1. So I created another Onepass. That took care of June 1, but then no scheduled record for the next episode on June 8. So I now have FOUR One Passes for the past two episodes and the next two. What gives? There seem to be just some shows that Tivo (Rovi) hates or something that they can never get right.

Now I have to check my To do list against a written list every day to catch what's NOT going to record. I may as well just do a manual recording for all my shows.

What are we paying a monthly fee for? You can see by all the posts in this forum what a horrible job Rovi is doing.

2. thenightfly42

thenightfly42 Señor Senior, Jr.

Mar 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Weird. It's like S01E04 has it's own show ID, as does S01E05. Yeah, this is pretty much useless. Thanks so much for the heads-up.

3. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    Thanks for the heads up.
    I'm going to switch Battlebots to a wishlist when I get home. At least they haven't screwed the name up yet, so that should be more resistant to Rovi's guide data stupidity!

4. thenightfly42

thenightfly42 Señor Senior, Jr.

Mar 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Good idea Jonathan_S. This recording method will catch both the Discovery Friday night new episodes as well as the Science Channel bonus footage episodes on Wednesdays.

I tried calling TiVo to get the guide data corrected. I'm really good and patient with talking to technical support representatives. That was 20 minutes of my life that I'm never getting back.

5. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale

Advertisements

Darn, I was going to suggest calling Tivo.