Barack Obama Political Message Wed 10/28

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by jayfest, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayfest

jayfest Not-so-New Member

Mar 25, 2003
    New Jersey

Advertisements

It looks like this is going to be on FOX, CBS, NBC and BET at least at 8pm on Wed 10/28. It seems to be there in the listings, but if somebody has a manual recording it might surprise them. And without dwelling on this, I might add that the show itself may well be worth your while in any event, although I suppose it'll be available online afterward.

2. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    I think you mean Wed 10/29.

3. Ring30

Ring30 New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Doesn't look like ABC is going to air it. That's good news for Pushing Daisies

4. MountainMan41

MountainMan41 Skyrim Mage

Feb 28, 2005
    Oregon
    Absolutely! We would not want the process of putting someone into one of the most powerful offices in the world to get in the way of a regular series TV program.:eek:

5. kas25

kas25 Member

Mar 10, 2003
    NJ

Advertisements

Excuse me but I don't considering this to be "part of the process". He is paying a ridiculous amount of money for a long commercial.

6. Carlos_E

Carlos_E Member

Mar 12, 2007
    NYC
    It shows up in my Tivo listing as airing at midnight. 8pm shows the regular scheduled programs. I guess I'll have to do a manual recording.

7. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Are you suggesting that no one should be able to watch anything except the Obama commercial? It's already airing on multiple networks.

What if they've already made up their mind (one way or another) who they're planning to vote for? Or maybe they've already voted!

8. jcaudle

jcaudle Member

Aug 16, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    its not a debate....its a freaking ad from a man that claims he supports public campaign financing that then decides he can raise more money and buy every kind of media in sight. Its a measure of the obscene amount of money Obama has spent in this election cycle. I am not wasting my time watching an ad. It gives nothing of the measure of the man or his stands. Its a lousy choice we have with these 2 men.

9. ToddNeedsTiVo

ToddNeedsTiVo Shampoo is not toxic

Sep 1, 2003
    Ankeny, IA
    Don't worry, comrade...most people probably receive at least one of the other networks on their electromagic propaganda delivery device, so folks should be all set.

Maybe ABC should air the 1984 Apple Macintosh commercial on a loop during the same time period. :D

10. jcaudle

jcaudle Member

Aug 16, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    I am suprised they haven't bought ads here!

11. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Eight words from the past (not to be taken personally - this was aimed at the network), when CBS did something similar for Adlai Stevenson (either 1952 or 1956):
    I Love Lucy.
    I Like Ike.
    Drop Dead.

-- Don

12. jcaudle

jcaudle Member

Aug 16, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    I didn't mean to belittle anyone, but given the arrogance of spending of the Obama Campaign, when he said he believed in public financing, this is just another example. There will not be anything memorable in a half hour commercial financed by one side. I ignore the ads even the ones by candidates I support, just want them over with. I won't watch a second of this ad. The debates and newspaper are the place to make a decision from or get info, not a self serving fluff ad.

13. Carlos_E

Carlos_E Member

Mar 12, 2007
    NYC
    Obama never promised to take public financing he said he would consider it. Read his original quote. McCain spun it as Obama breaking a promise which he didn't. Obama considered it... and decided no.

14. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    Why are people, especially those that don't seem to support him, worried about what Obama is spending his money on? Buying a half hour seems more worthwhile than all of these 30-120 second ads that snipe at each other. And I don't think the cost is as big as everybody is making it out to be. The estimates are $1 million per network, which is hardly an obscene amount. McCain is free to make a similar buy if he wants to use his money that way.

15. jcaudle

jcaudle Member

Aug 16, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Just Obama trying to have it both ways. The next Jimmy Carter.

16. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    just more desperate voices trying to spin things their way.

The next televison event realated to the election I am watching is Nov 7th.

17. I Like To Watch

I Like To Watch New Member

May 30, 2006
    Connecticut
    WOW! :confused:

Let's go out and buy 10 TV's so we can watch the same thing on 10 different channels!! At the same time!!!:D

18. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    I guess you could say that if you didn't know the definition of the word "consider."

19. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Anyone heard of the internet? The ad will certainly be on the internet later.

I have already voted so it doesn't matter to me. I happen to be watching it out of curiosity since I don't watch the other programs but with early voting will it make much difference?

20. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    This could mean record ratings for Pushing Daises, from those who don't want to watch the infomercial.

I wonder if it will be in HD?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.