Bad Links on this TiVO Forum website

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Macsterguy, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Macsterguy

Macsterguy New Member

Aug 13, 2019
    Lots of "Links" on this website are taking me to "Install Flash Player" websites that are obviously Bad Guys... It's happed 5 times just looking around. Take this website down!

2. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    Can't say I've noticed this. What kind of links are you clicking ... ads? I rarely click ads. If everyone was like me the major business model of so many web sites would be extinct. :p

3. Macsterguy

Macsterguy New Member

Aug 13, 2019
    Absolutely not clicking on ads... Never. All links baked into the TiVo Forums. For instance - In the "Users Posts" links. Happened just a moment ago again

4. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    Not clear what you mean by "Users Posts" links. Is "Users Posts" an area of this site?

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I can't find it either. I have Flash installed on IE11 but it's disabled. But if you find it, it should be user's posts or users' posts.

6. Macsterguy

Macsterguy New Member

Aug 13, 2019
    See uploaded file for location of "Bad Links" Just above the Dental Implant ad (Really???)

No big deal. Just a warning to others... I'm returning my Tivo boxes!

But this was not the only time / link over the past week of searching for answers on just how to make TiVo work!

Attached Files:

7. Macsterguy

Macsterguy New Member

Aug 13, 2019
    Hahaha, I've gotten a lot more attention on these "bad links" then answers on Hulu / OnePass completely not working on TiVo... The Hulu Classic app on Tivo looks like it's from the 90's and is missing major features

8. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
  9. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
  10. Macsterguy

Macsterguy New Member

Aug 13, 2019
    Yep, the Hulu issues go back quite a few years from what I see 2016 or so... Nothing resolved, but lots of issues like mine...

Yet TiVo still promotes all of this (as recently as today on newly uploaded YouTube videos on the TiVo channel - check them out...) as working hardware and software when in fact it is false and misleading advertisement... OnePass & Hulu & Hulu Search does not work in the TiVo Hulu "CLASSIC" app...

I have stopped asking nice questions because there are no answers for these issues in these forums. The problem is with TiVo NOT Hulu. Yet, TiVO told me on the phone today that Hulu needed to fix the problems. It's all designed to fail letting them point fingers at each other as they do.

You are also correct that the malware is a real problem. That's why I brought it up (which was pretty nice of a new user, that just joined today, to point out as a warning to others). Copy and paste it wherever you please. I'm sure they are already aware... If they take advertising dollars from Whoever - They can expect to get Malware links in the advertising.

11. smark

smark Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2002
    Denver, CO
    This isn’t a TiVo owned forum so you are doing nothing but shaking your fist at a cloud.

cwerdna and kpeters59 like this.
  12. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    OnePass and Search work with Hulu ...

E56CBA4F-F16A-47E9-997F-8D1110F85D94.jpeg 0A320B14-B965-452E-B5CB-569344AA6F77.jpeg E14AA04A-6D75-4AA9-BAC0-8E9787C1A139.jpeg

... and not returning results for Hulu Live TV content is also correct behavior, since that feature isn’t supported in the Hulu app for TiVos.

compnurd likes this.
  13. KevTech

KevTech Active Member

Apr 15, 2014
    My Test - I clicked on just about everything in the forum including ads and...nothing happened that was abnormal.

14. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    I suspect the OP is attempting to describe a symptom similar to this:

Redirected to 'scam' site just now

I've had to re-activate my ad-blocker for this site due to this. Thanks for the heads-up that it's still not ready for me to re-disable it.

-KP

15. Macsterguy

Macsterguy New Member

Aug 13, 2019
    The “handmaidens” example is the only thing I have seen so far. Hulu original content is just barely a search of anything… There is nothing in the advertisement, the box, or any of the promotional videos that mentions how crippled HULU search is. Only that it works like magic with your voice ha ha Ha. How about a search for anything on the DIY network or motor trend? Any show from either of these networks. Search sucks

16. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    LOL How public spirited of you! :rolleyes: Does the word "schadenfreude" have application here? :p

17. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    OP,
    • This isn't "the tivo forums"
    • I fail to see how or why we would care about you returning your "tivo boxes" since this site isn't funded or run by Tivo.
    • If you don't have Flash installed and are not using an ad-blocker then it's perfectly logical to see flash ads taking you to "install flash" sites
    • Your descriptions and even the "bad link" screenshot you put up make zero sense
    • There's a forum for this kind of issue that you completely missed, including a dedicated thread for just your kind of non-nonsensical rant Bad Ad's Showing Up? Please let us know!

cwerdna, aristoBrat, ClayKY and 2 others like this.
  18. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Active Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Pretty bizarre! If I dare say so.

19. tenthplanet

tenthplanet Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Never fear Hydra will keep him away. :D:eek::eek:

20. Macsterguy

Macsterguy New Member

Aug 13, 2019
    Brat,
    • This is not a TiVO forum?
    - Scroll up to the top and look at the Logo & Name of this Forum
    - What else could anyone think this website is
    • I didn't ask you to care about me
    - Just trying to find ways to fix this TiVO Garbage...
    • Yes, a number of Links in this website are being hijacked and going to bad download links - Absolutely.
    • Not my job and obviously not something anyone in charge cares about. Not a problem for me. I won't click on these BAD links BUT others might...

Now, any ideas why TiVo Hulu search can not find most shows on Hulu?
    • TiVO says it all works in advertisements. Even with Voice
    • Hulu search works on Apple TV, Roku... But not TiVO