Bad Audio

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Beckzilla, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Beckzilla

Beckzilla New Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Indiana
    Is anybody else experiencing persistent audio drop outs constantly on DTV and OTA locals right now? It is driving me crazy and I dont know why it is happening. I just did a restart and cleared all suggestions a few hours ago on HR10-250. Help!

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    No problems here. Did the restart help?

3. MarvinK

MarvinK New Member

Aug 22, 2002
    I'm definitely having the dropouts... someone said its a problem with my audio receiver, but none of my other digital audio inputs have issues. It is very annoying. I occasionally get video dropouts, too... but less frequently.

4. purple6816

purple6816 New Member

May 27, 2003
    NorthWest
    I had issues with Surface tonight and Boston legal the other night. Is it them or me.?

5. TheBigDogs

TheBigDogs Member

Oct 14, 2004
    I'm having the same problem. Too many "me toos" for this to be a receiver problem. Must be the alignment of the Moon or something because I also see it on OTA HD.

6. Beckzilla

Beckzilla New Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Indiana
    I restarted my HR10-250 and the audio drop outs stopped. So why did this problem start after I deleted suggestions and restarted the recorder earlier in the day?

7. pacific85

pacific85 New Member

Mar 11, 2002
    San Jose, CA
    My HR10-250 was installed on 1/18. I hooked up the optical cable late last week, and I'm having problems too. On my receiver, I was using the optical port for the DVD player, and I never had a problem.

I do notice that if I hit replay, I usually don't get the drop out. So, I'm wondering if there's a problem with the Tivo. I know the cable is seated well. I see a red glow at the receiver end, but I've not stared at it looking for a blink.

If anyone figured out a fix or learns more info, please post it.

8. darthrsg

darthrsg New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    post 911...
    of note, on the SD tivo from directv, you would occaisonally get the stutter via optical, a quick pause and it was through. also mostly noted on the premium channels HBO etc. this may help.