BackUp (??) in Now Playing

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by ClickMaster, Jan 26, 2006.

1. ClickMaster

ClickMaster New Member

Jan 26, 2006
    Las Vegas
    A couple of days ago I noticed something new had popped up at the bottom of my Now Playing list, below the icon for my other Series 2. The folder is labeled "Backup" and the name of my networked comptuer. It contains one file -- a program I transferred to my PC a couple of weeks ago. I have a lot of other programs on my PC in that same directory, but only the new one is listed.

I mentioned this to a TiVo tech while checking on something else and he had no idea what I was talking about. Also did a Forum search with no luck.

So, questions:

• Anybody know what the scoop is on this? It appears to function exactly like the link between TiVos, with full program info and "Watch on this TV".
    • If you do know, is there any way to get it to also list all the other programs on my PC?
    This is an upgrade I've been asking for since the Series 2 debuted, but I'm a bit surprised about all the stealth.

J.R.

2. crumley

crumley New Member

Jan 22, 2003
    Yes, support for moving files back from your computer was added a while ago. It was far from secret. You can also transfer back other files, but they have to be in mpeg's with a limited nimber of options on resolutions, framrates, etc. Check tivo.com and this forum for more info.