Back to (School) Entertainment! Bolt OTA or Vox email

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by drcharlie, Aug 13, 2019.

1. drcharlie

drcharlie Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Edit (working link): TiVo Back to School Sale

I just got an email from TiVo on a new Bolt deal, but the link attached to "BUY NOW AND SAVE" doesn't work. Here is what the email says:

$200 TiVO DVR & Service Sale Options
    $30 3 month trial of Pandora Premium
    + $20 VUDU movie credits
    ----------------------------------------------
    $250 Potential Value in Combined Offers and Savings

It’s time to go back to school, which is also a great time to learn about getting more entertainment in your life. Get the TiVo BOLT OTA for antenna or TiVo BOLT VOX 1 TB for cable, and save when you get an All-In Service Plan.

Our very smart promotion includes:
    Stunning 4K picture quality

Ability to watch from your computer, mobile and tablet in any room of your house or on the go

3 months trial subscription of Pandora Premium (valued at $30)

$20 of Vudu movie credits

Don’t miss this chance to get an entertaining education!

Sale ends August 23, 2019.

Offer only valid 12:01 am PT, 8/13/19 through 11:59 pm PT 8/23/19, or while supplies last.  Promotion is only valid in the US. Offer is non-transferable, may not be resold and may not be combined with other offers or promotions.  If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.  TiVo reserves the right to terminate this promotion at any time, for any reason, without notice.  Additional terms and conditions may apply.

When you purchase the TiVo BOLT OTA 1 TB, you may choose your plan; Monthly: your credit card will be billed each month by TiVo in the amount of $6.99 plus tax as applicable); Annual: your credit card will be billed each year by TiVo in the amount of $69.99 plus tax as applicable All In Plan: your credit card will be billed once by TiVo in the amount of $179.99 plus tax as applicable. (Note: Tax will be charged based on ZIP code).  Thirty-day money back guarantee applies. Your TiVo service subscription will automatically renew based on your term after at the same rate (unless we notify you otherwise). An HD antenna is required for over the air local channels, not included. Broadband internet connection is required to access and receive streaming content. Availability of third-party content from streaming sources is subject to change and certain third-party fees may apply. For example, Netflix unlimited streaming membership is required (and sold separately) to access Netflix content, and Prime Video membership is required (and sold separately) to access Prime Video content. A Hulu subscription is required (and sold separately) to access Hulu content. Hulu is available only in the United States. 4K ultra high-definition capability requires 4K ultra high-definition content and 4K ultra high-definition capable television. Some apps may have additional 4K Ultra HD requirements and/or limitations. SkipMode feature not available for all recorded shows. Voice control not available in all languages.

Vudu Movie Credit: Twenty dollar (USD) Vudu credit. Limit 1 code per customer. Vudu enabled device and account required for digital viewing must be redeemed by 9/30/2019, this offer is non-transferable. Movies are only available in the US and customers must be 18 years of age or older to open a Vudu account, subject to terms of service Vudu - Terms of Service, limited time offer, while supplies last. Customer has 30 days from date of redemption to use credit.

90-day Pandora Premium Trial: The 90-day Pandora Premium Trial pass is open to US residents 18+; no purchase necessary. Other eligibility requirements may apply. One time use only; trial pass is void after activation or expiration.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  2. dave13077

dave13077 Member

Jan 11, 2009
    All in Plan also discounted to $399.99.

3. andrew1883

andrew1883 Member

Apr 25, 2008
    I just got that email 10 minutes ago. When I click on the link it says "sorry offer expired". I assume that's a mistake.

=aw

4. andrew1883

andrew1883 Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Interesting the email has lots of info about OTA plans, but for Cable it just says "save when you get All-In Service Plan".

=aw

5. drcharlie

drcharlie Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Yes, to be clear from my post above. Clicking the link in my email also puts me on a page that says, "We're sorry but this offer has expired. Visit our Shop page for current offers on TiVo BOLT and other TiVo products."

Maybe the link is not active yet, but there will be some kind of deal soon. I can't really figure out what the deal in my email is. I need to see the offer page to see if it's any good.

6. pfiagra

pfiagra Active Member

Oct 13, 2014
    Mikeguy and drcharlie like this.
  7. JohnS-MI

JohnS-MI Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    SE MI
    I got the same email/sorry. Tried looking at Tivo home page but no info about it there. The email clearly seems to say Lifetime is $179.99, but doesn't say what the Bolt is. Potentially interested.

Either they have really sold out, or they've zero takers since midnight PT, if everybody has the same "
    experience."

Edit: Link in email is working now. The numbers in image and order boxes don't entirely match, but still a good deal.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  8. andrew1883

andrew1883 Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Sorry I missed that the first time through your email (although it's in first line and bold :).

I now realize the deal is in the image in the email, specifically $20 of VUDU credits, $30 (3mo) trial of Pandora Premium, and $200 sale on DVR and service. Then they say you "save when you get an All-In Service Plan". Based on dave13077's post, it's a $150 discount on Lifetime (All-In) Service, implying a $50 discount on the DVR. The email itself says a $70 discount on AIS on OTA, I would guess (but don't know) also a $50 discount on DVR.

But that's all guesses.

[I dry-ran an order in case it was just the email link that's bad, but TiVo store still wants $850 for a 1TB + All-In. Perhaps the link is supposed to generate a promo code, though I'd have thought it would just discount everyone to (presumably) $600 for that combination.]

=aw

9. Scooter Scott

Scooter Scott Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Same experience here, got email, link goes to broken page. Thanks for posting the working page above. I still think I may be moving away from TiVo. My Roamio works but I am trying out the Channels app on ATV.

10. drcharlie

drcharlie Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Thank you kindly for the working link.

$380 for a TiVo BOLT OTA for antenna (4-tuner, 1TB) with All-In Service.
    $650 for a TiVO BOLTA VOX 1 TB for cable

11. andrew1883

andrew1883 Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Thanks. Interesting the hardware is $50 off no matter which plan you take, which is not what's implied by the email. (No I did not expect better of their marketing dept.).

=aw

12. drcharlie

drcharlie Member

Mar 25, 2015
    So, this works out to be $200 off for the Bolt Vox 1TB for cable and $130 off for the Bolt OTA. I could have been interested on a deal on a Bolt OTA, but not at a cost of $380 (all-in). Pandora and Vudu are worth nothing to me.

13. andrew1883

andrew1883 Member

Apr 25, 2008
    I think you have it right.

14. pfiagra

pfiagra Active Member

Oct 13, 2014
    Has TiVo ever done this many sales promotions so close together before Back-to-back-to-back?
    1. Dads and Grads
    2. Summer Breeze
    3. Back to School

Just a wonderin’

15. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Don't forget the email about your credit card. Sounds like a new Marketing boss. Next will be a new logo.

16. Joe3

Joe3 Active Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boston MA
    No, more likely some new executive created from the TiVo split got around to visiting the production office and happened to ask some guy slipping out the back door if he worked here.

17. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Or perhaps TiVo has determined that it can't simply, at this point in time, prosper by being a "premium option" alone, with people inherently flocking to it.

18. Joe3

Joe3 Active Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boston MA
    You can't be talking about the Bolt. What do you mean by "premium option?"

19. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    In TiVo's mind. ;)

20. foghorn2

foghorn2 Well-Known Member

May 4, 2004
    Las Vegas
    For a company wanting to get out of retail, why the flock are they making and selling these boxes and then running promos. Theres plenty of boxes out there with NO SERVICE, if they just lower the monthly fee or discount the All-In prices, they will increase revenue without having to manufacture more boxes. Whats wrong with these people ?