"Back to Life" (SHO) Series Thread *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by astrohip, Nov 10, 2019.

1. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Back to Life on Showtime. New series, started tonight (Nov 10, 2019). Originally aired on BBC back in April 2019, from the same people who produced Fleabag. A half hour dramedy. Stars (and created by) Daisy Haggard, infamous for her brief appearances on Episodes. I think there are only six episodes.

Miri Matteson has just returned home to Hythe, Kent after serving an 18-year jail sentence. As Miri attempts to rebuild her life, she forms a friendship with Billy, who cares for the elderly woman next door.

Just watched the first episode (the 2nd aired immediately after, but wanted to get this started). Enjoyed it. Different. Moved fast and kept me hooked. And I love Daisy Haggard's facial expressions; she can move from sad to happy to bewilderment in a flash.

Reminded me somewhat of this British comedy wave we've been getting lately--Fleabag, After Life. Quick episodes, short season, strong leads with unusual/quirky supporting cast, characters with a raw openness and candor, almost an innocence without being innocent.

2. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    tim1724 and NorthAlabama like this.
  3. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    So far I've only watched E01 and E02, so I have E03 and E04 still on deck.

It's a good watch.

4. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    same here, liked 1 & 2, i'll watch 3 & 4 this week, much funnier than i'd expected, many laugh out loud moments. :up:

5. mlsnyc

mlsnyc Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 2, 2009
    Also watched 1 & 2 and liked it, and have 3 & 4 recorded and waiting to be watched. Hopefully will get to them before the weekend.

Incidentally Showtime is streaming all 6 episodes for those able to binge them all.

NorthAlabama likes this.