Bachelor Pad season 2 - will be airing 8/8/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cwerdna, Jun 13, 2011.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/06/13/bachelor-pad-cast-season-2/ lists who most of the cast members will be. From the looks of it, it looks to be like another another interesting/train wreck season. They got some of the most hated women.

2. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    That sounds awfully late.. I wonder if they're doing another Dating in the Dark season too (random question).

3. Aug 1, 2011 #3 of 47
    cwerdna

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    There was a long promo for it within the Bachelorette Men Tell All ep on Sunday. It looks like it really will be a hilarious train wreck. Yay!

4. Aug 2, 2011 #4 of 47
    gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    :up:

That Jake just cannot help himself. Is he the worse bachelor ever?

5. cwerdna

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Anyone watching? I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread...

I finally finished it last night. I'm not really following the "teams" that closely but that was both bizarre and potentially "smart" of Jake to give the 3rd rose to Vienna. I figure it was an attempt at an olive branch so that Kasey and Vienna would be a little less likely to get rid of him. It obviously didn't work but at least Jake seemed relieved to have the talk.

Ugh... I've forgotten why it was I hated Vienna so much during Jake's season, but I still hate her now. Erica, the tiara girl still sucks.

Gia actually looks quite hot this time. I somehow didn't think she looked as good in earlier shows.

6. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    I loved the look the guys gave to Erica's tiara.

I'm actually hating Vienna more than Jake. Kasey will soon hate her as well.

7. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    I can't believe I actually watched most of that first episode ... the bikinis hypnotized me into not turning away for long periods of time.

I don't know who most of the people are, but I know of some of them, and Vienna is a real "seaward".:thumbsdown:

Gia is gorgeous, and that tiara princess looks like Paris Hilton as a drag queen. UGH!

And it sounds like that is the same mansion they use for multiple shows. The hot tub must be a cesspool, and I imagine the crew is instructed to NEVER film anything with black lights -- especially the couches and bedsheets.

8. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Man a lot happened. From Gia leaving feeling betrayed and played. Jake and "Princess" Erica being told, via eggs, how much they're disliked. And of course Ames running off with Jackie.

I can't wait 'til Kasey starts to see Vienna for who she really is. And I actually felt bad for Jake. Erica not so much!

9. nmiller855

nmiller855 Active Member

Sep 26, 2000
    East of...
    Erica looks like she's been rode hard & put up wet many times since her first reality debut.
    I don't know where self important Casey got the idea that he is the mastermind of the show & should be running everything. He claimed again last night that he would not let Jake win anything. That's the same thing he said before the first challenge where Jake beat them. I don't mind men defending their women when it is warranted but Vienna thinks that Casey should live up to his tattoo & give his life to protect her.

10. Tracy

Tracy Truly

Mar 12, 2000
    Galena, IL
    I'm posting about Episode 2!

There. I did my duty.

I can't stand Casey and Vienna!! Ugh! Jake seems to be really taking the high road and Casey and Vienna are like children. Why did no one vote to get rid of Vienna last night? It makes perfect sense to break up the couples. I loved when Chris Harrison said he would call her a cab.

11. InterMurph

InterMurph Member

May 22, 2003
    Gloucester, MA
    I loved that they just changed the rules to keep Jake around for another "week". And I loved that Vienna called it "cheating".

I loved Ames' exit; he and Jackie were great together, and now neither of them has to suffer needlessly any more.

I loved that Kasey thought that the #1 job of the mastermind is to tell everybody everything about everything that is happening.

I loved that Gia was so hurt by her "friend's" betrayal that she up and left the show. I told you not to say anything to Kasey, your #1 ally! Then you said something to Kasey! I can't take this any more!

I love that Melissa came on this show to prove to everyone that she is an easy-going, fun-loving gal.

I love that Blake's manipulation of Melissa is causing him to suffer.

I love the clothes that Holly wears.

That said, this is the worst show ever produced, and I can't believe I have already devoted 5 hours to it.

12. Tracy

Tracy Truly

Mar 12, 2000
    Galena, IL
    I read yesterday that Ames and Jackie broke up about 2 weeks after their exit from Bachelor Pad. It was implied that Ames dumped Jackie.

13. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    That is hilarious! Did he dump her 'cause he was offered to be the new Bachelor? Hmmm...

14. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    I've never watched any of the Bachelor shows, so I had no idea but Vienna used to work at my Hooters! She's a ***** on the show(s)?

15. cwerdna

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Yeah, there are numerous stories about the above. I was going to post about it and spoilerize it but too late...

Yeah, Kasey's a cocky bastard. I can't stand him and Vienna. I don't remember why I hated Vienna so much on Jake's season of the Bachelor but she certainly is doing a lot to make me hate her now. That really is too bad that they didn't leave. I figured that Vienna knew she was going to get voted out, until Gia left.

I also am puzzled about how suddenly the focus shifted away from her and nobody voted her off.
    Melissa's behavior is both comical and sad. Oh well.

On the contrary, I think the show is reasonably well produced. They sure knew how to pick people to create train wrecks.

16. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    One word: Editing.

About as well produced as that Housewife show where the hubby recently committed suicide ... they LOVE to reinforce awful behavior with little or no regard for real-life (aka the REAL "reality") consequences.

17. Tracy

Tracy Truly

Mar 12, 2000
    Galena, IL
    I think the show is masterful at what it does....it is just that what it does is so lowbrow. And I can't look away.

18. cwerdna

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Back to Kasey... I forgot to add that I sure hope none of my friends and coworkers behave like him. I wonder what his friends or acquaintances think of him.

19. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I often have to rewind(*) to listen to the "guard and protect her heart"(**) guy, since he speaks with a garbled voice. I try not to make fun of other people's voices, but he's like Mushmouth (?) on Fat Albert.

(*) yes, even at 1x speed
    (**) OK, I know from this thread his name is Casey.

20. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    He sounds like Kermit the Frog to me.
    And when he says "guard and protect" it always sounds to me like "garden protect" -- like a garden gnome might do for people.