Babylon 5, "Exogenesis", S03E07, Original air week: February 12, 1996 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Craigbob, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Craigbob

Craigbob Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2006
    San Antonio

Advertisements

Guide page: http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/guide/051.html

I liked this episode, with some reservations. The Vindrizi are a very interesting concept, but I think Joe did not really have an idea of what he wanted to do with them.

Some highlights for me:

Marcus and Steven - They make almost as good a pair as Londo and G'Kar.

Marcus gets some good lines here again. "1 from 3 leaves 1."

Corwin and the flowers.

Ivanova, Marcus and the flowers.

Discuss.

2. aintnosin

aintnosin [Spoiler]

Jun 25, 2003
    Lake Forest, CA
    Meh. Generally regarded as one of the two real klinkers of the third season and I have to agree.

I do like the relationship between Marcus and Duncan and the scene between Marcus and Garibaldi.

3. Craigbob

Craigbob Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2006
    San Antonio
    The 1st half is good. Great set up. The 2nd half gets lost.

I guess the reason for this is that JMS was dealing with a labor action on the set while he was writing this. He had to stop in the middle and when he came back to it he had lost the story and could not find it again.

I would've liked to see the Vindrizi used as a knowledge base about the Shadows. Imagine what they could tell about the last war.

4. Hunter Green

Hunter Green Curmudgeon

Feb 22, 2002
    People's...
    The Corwin bits were fun. Good to see him so far out of his depth, and how completely oblivious Ivanova is to it. And Marcus and Franklin together are a fun pair with interesting chemistry.

But the Vindrizi bit is just kind of blah. Interesting in principle that in the end, we don't get the usual ending: the Vindrizi are allowed to keep doing what they do. But in practice it falls flat. And Marcus is so clever tricking the people into knocking themselves out, but really, his tricks came off more lame than ingenious.

5. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles

Advertisements

I have to agree that this episode is a stinker.
    I think it's the stinker of Season 3.

JMS really blew it with the Vindrizi. It could have been an interesting plot line but it's just totally mishandled and comes off as a real yawner.

Only the Franklin/Marcus scenes save this episode from being a total write off.