Awkward. on MTV - anyone watching?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by sushikitten, Sep 16, 2011.

1. sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com TCF Club

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    I don't watch anything on MTV so never even heard of this until the main character (Ashley Rickards) was on Chelsea Lately recently and Chelsea said she had watched all the episodes and it was hilarious. I liked Ashley on the show so looked it up and have started watching the eps online...and am really enjoying it. It's fun to watch high school BS when you're not actually in high school and dealing with it! That said, the characters seem to be fairly well written, as I already want to *****-slap Sadie (popular cheerleader). It's not laugh-out-loud funny, but it's definitely enjoyable.

Anyone else?

2. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Thanks for the review! I also watch Chelsea and saw her on there. Hadn't heard about the show before that either. I'm wayy wayyyyy past high school so I tend to not really look toward the high school kid shows, but if it's entertaining, well written, and funny, I'll have to check it out. Hope they re-air so I can catch up. :)

3. sushikitten

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    I'm watching on MTV.com.

4. sushikitten

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    "Ellipses are the whores of punctuation."

:)

5. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    It's a pleasant show. I normally don't go for this genre but Rickards draws me in.

6. sushikitten

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    I'm wishing it was an hour show and that there were more episodes for me to get caught up on. It's like candy.

7. sushikitten

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    There's a marathon on 9/27.

8. sushikitten

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    The new season (three) has started (lots of repeats the next two weeks if you missed it) and I'm still loving it.

9. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    I started watching this show this weekend. Free amazon prime streaming for seasons 1 and 2. I enjoyed it enough that I'm paying for this season's episodes so I can get caught up.

It's surprisingly enjoyable but it is rather short. It would be nicer if each episode were longer.

10. Agatha Mystery

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    So I caught up, thinking that there was going to be a new episode this week, only to find out that the season is a split season. It's now 20 episodes for this 'season' rather than the 13 that it was.

I have to say that the girl that plays Jenna cannot dance. I can't decide if that is because she can't hear any music (that frequently gets added later), so she's just kind of trying to move to a beat that is non-existent, or if it's because she truly sucks at dancing. And the guy that plays Matty looks like he *can* dance, so they're trying to make him look as dorky as possible when he attempts it so they can hide it.

The chinese mafia thing is weird, but it cracks me up. I wonder if Fred Wu (who?) is going to come back now that Ming is in charge. :)

11. Agatha Mystery

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    Oh, and I've been enjoying Anthony Michael Hall in season 3. He's had some great lines. :)

12. sushikitten

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    Agreed.

13. sushikitten

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    Still watching!! Still fun. Binging on the recent season. It looks like Jenna gained weight or they were trying to hide a pregnancy but there were some side shots that looked non-pregnant. A quick google didn't find anything or my Google fu just sucks.

ETA found this post on her website but I have a hard time believing she was/is a size 24. I was a 24. She was no 24.

http://ashleyrickards.com/powerbtch/when-the-size-00-became-fat/

14. wouldworker

wouldworker _

Sep 7, 2004
    MA, USA
    It sounds like she has body dysmorphia. And that she's a little bit crazy.