avi files with tivo desktop

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Warren, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Warren

Warren Wild Hair

Oct 18, 2001
    well tivodotnet stopped working when I installed Java.

I heard that if you just put files into the My Tivo Recordings that they would show up on the tivo. this didn't happen. Any ideas?

2. Sicklybutsexy

Sicklybutsexy Member

May 5, 2007
    You have to have tivo desktop plus which will cost you 25$?

3. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    And they have to be DivX or Xvid encoded ... not just any .avi file will work.

4. Warren

Warren Wild Hair

Oct 18, 2001
    well I have the free 2.5 and it says nothing about having to pay for it.

5. Warren

Warren Wild Hair

Oct 18, 2001
    I coded them with Autogk

6. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    From the Release Notes:

7. Warren

Warren Wild Hair

Oct 18, 2001
    what I am saying is when I go into the publish area of tivo desktop all it says is that I need to put the files in the folder. it says nothing about buying it.

I'll post a screen shot later.

8. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    I see it. Good point.

9. Rose4uKY

Rose4uKY Member

Mar 28, 2003
    Kentucky
    Ok If I want to buy a portable video player like the Ipod Video can I put Tivo shows on there and watch them? I am interested in this Archos video/mp3 player with Wifi. I have a Dell DJ but it doesn't do video. I download movies sometimes and have one now in AVI format. I want to be able to watch it on a portable movie player. My laptop is too big to carry around. But if the portable video player also played my tivo shows that would be awesome. I just wondered if there is a certain player that plays Tivo shows or do I need the Tivo 2 Go Plus which I will buy if I have to. I can get this Archos 30gig with wifi for the same price as a 30 gig ipod. I usually use Tivo 2 Go and watch on Laptop but I want something smaller that will play both a downloaded movie off the net like a AVI or mpeg, divx whatever it is and my Tivo shows even if I have to buy the plus and convert them.
    Thanks, Rose