Availability of Tivo Premiere from Comcast?

Discussion in 'HD Comcast TiVo DVR (Archive)' started by ccoulson, Jun 29, 2011.

1. ccoulson

ccoulson Member

May 24, 2003

Advertisements

Glad to see this thread bumped up to it's own forum. My Tivo S3 just died - is there any word on when Comcast may be selling/providing the Premiere?

2. bajabingo

bajabingo New Member

Jul 12, 2011
    are they??

3. enclave000

enclave000 New Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Wish they were in huntsville

4. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Yes. They will be providing Premieres. They have not announced a date.

The last time Comcast and Tivo made a deal (2005) it took three years from the announcement until we actually saw a product (in one test market that never expanded)

I wouldn't wait around for it.

5. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas

Advertisements

Agreed. I waited 5 years for Comcast to support moving recordings to a DVD or memory card.

6. Emacee

Emacee Member

Dec 15, 2000
    Philadelphia...
    Here's the press release.

• Biz Journal says this is similar to Tivo's agreement with Cox Cable in Atlanta.
    • Comcast Tivo availability will be rolled out starting with San Francisco. No word on the time table for other markets.
    • The Comcast Tivo will allow you to access Comcast's on-demand services. The release and news articles don't say whether you will still be able to access some or all of the (competing) on-demand services Tivo already offers.
    • No word on Comcast pricing.
    • No word on how much Comcast-Tivo will be tweaked or modified compared to unlocked Tivo boxes and whether Comcast will be able to add the cable TV version of crapware.