Auxilliary Menu - RCA DVR 120 - stacked signal

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Bifftheman, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Bifftheman

Bifftheman New Member

Jan 10, 2006

Advertisements

Hello - I am trying to access an auxilliary menu on my TIVO as I live in an apartment complex and I believe I need to tell my receiver that it is receiving a stacked signal. I have a destacker and everything was working fine but now the receiver gets stuck at 26% as it trys to get information from the satellite and I can't watch any live TV. Any help would be tremendously appreciated. Thanks! :)

2. DrEvil

DrEvil Evil Member

Oct 26, 2002
    Apex, NC
    DirecTiVo's can't handle a stacked signal directly. That's why you have a destacker.

Getting stuck at 26% could mean a tuner failure, or just low signal strength.

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    The "stuck at 26%" problem is a bug in older "pre v3.1" software. I think the work around was to let the DVR boot up without any satellite cables connected, then connect them after the DVR had booted. You'll want to let it update to the latest software, too. Try a search here for "stuck at 26%" to find more info.

4. beanpoppa

beanpoppa New Member

Jan 7, 2004
    New Jersey
    Also, even while it's gathering info from the satellites, you can hit the DirecTV button on the remote, and go to the menus. I believe you can test signal strength on the transponders while it gathering info.

5. Bifftheman

Bifftheman New Member

Jan 10, 2006

Advertisements

Thanks guys - the trick of rebooting without the satellite attached worked. Thanks again!