Auto Transfer from S3 to S2?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by doni49, Jan 22, 2012.

1. doni49

doni49 New Member

Nov 6, 2004
    I have a S3 and a S2. The S3 has a Season Pass to record Perry Mason. My dad wants to watch Perry on the S2. But the transfer speed seems to be terrible.

Is it possible to have episodes of this one show transferred automatically? I can't create a Season Pass on the S2 because there is another show recording at the time and the S2 only has one tuner.

TIA!

2. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    I think the only autotransfer is from TiVo to computer using the free version of TiVo Desktop (your TiVo's have their own computer, right? :) ).

Doing it that way Dad would have to find the computer in the S2's Now Playing list and transfer ol' Perry to the S2, or a loving child or grandchild could keep on top of that for him.;)

I don't blame him, I was only a kid when the show originally aired but I still thought Della Street was pretty hot, especially in her T-Bird convertible.:cool:

3. doni49

doni49 New Member

Nov 6, 2004
    Thanks anyway. I was afraid of that. Every search I did gave me no info on auto-transfer that didn't refer to Tivo for Desktop.

It'# a shame too. That would be a REALLY useful feature.

Oh well.

4. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Teach him how to do the transfer from the S3 to the S2. Have him skip one day of watching, then do the transfer right after it finishes recording on the S3.

Next day, he watches the previous day's episode (start late, skip commercials) and then transfers that day's show which has finished recording on the S3.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

5. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    No, Galleon and KMTTG both have considerably superior auto-transfer facilities for transferring from the TiVo to the PC, and KMTTG has some fairly powerful auto-transfer capabilities from the PC to the TiVo. I think there are others, as well. That, plus automating an automated transfer from the PC to the TiVo using pyTivo is pretty trivial to set up with a simple script.