Auto Skip Stopped working

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by seaninde, Jan 28, 2021.

1. seaninde

seaninde Active Member

Sep 23, 2019

Advertisements

Anyone else have Auto Skip stop working. Most show don't even show they are set for Skip, but the ones that do don't auto skip or even skip with the button.
    Not sure how to fix it or if Tivo just gave up on it.

2. tommiet

tommiet Active Member

Oct 28, 2005
    Guide data is soooo bad now, I can't remember the last time auto-skip worked. But manual skip (30 second) still does for me using my Bolt.

3. Bruce24

Bruce24 Active Member

Jan 8, 2003
    boston
    There are certainly plenty of times when popular shows shown during primetime on the major networks, don't have the skip data, but I'd say the data is there way over 50% of the time....at least for the shows I watch.

4. MrDell

MrDell Active Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Rhode Island
    So far so good for me.... auto skip is on most popular network shows but I must say that it is far from perfect.... a good 25% are missing the feature.

5. dishrich

dishrich Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Springfield, IL

Advertisements

Reboot the Tivo...it will NOT fix this for shows already recorded, but should fix it going forward. This happens to me & others here & for some (weird) reason, rebooting does the trick.

6. seaninde

seaninde Active Member

Sep 23, 2019
    Tried rebooting. The Auto Skip icon shows next to the recording, but it never works, either automatically or manually.

7. KevTech

KevTech Active Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Seattle
    Perhaps you missed the part in bold.

8. seaninde

seaninde Active Member

Sep 23, 2019
    No, these are shows that recorded after the reboot. Multiple shows on different channels, all marked as Skip, but it does not skip using Skip button or Auto.