Auto-change aspect ratio with TivoDesktop?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by troublespl, Sep 26, 2007.

1. troublespl

troublespl New Member

Sep 26, 2007
    Hello one and all. First time poster so please bear with me if I have asked this in the wrong place. I have looked through the FAQs and did some searching on the forum and I could not gind what I was looking for.

My problem is when I download anything from my TiVo to my computer with the TiVo Desktop the aspect ratio seems to automatically change. Pretty much it appears it's trying to make a 16:9 to a 4:3. However my TV is a 4:3 and shows movies just fine. All of the downloads have the black side bars. Does anyone have any suggestions or is some more information needed?

I have a Series 2 TiVo and Desktop Version 2.3a if that helps any.

Thank you in advance. And if this is posted in the wrong section please point me in the correct one.

2. thomasf390

thomasf390 New Member

Sep 30, 2007
    I'm having a similar problem myself...when I had this box hooked to my Sony SAT-HD300 it would auto detect a 4x3 or 16x9 program and record it correctly..however it is now hooked up to DTV HR20-100 and 16x9 programs are squished into a 4x3 frame. It does not seem to auto detect any more. Video connection is through the sat recievers s-video out in both cases.

Stymied in Baltimore