audio / video in syc problems

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by bryce2004_19@msn, Jan 15, 2006.

1. bryce2004_19@msn

bryce2004_19@msn New Member

Jan 15, 2006
    I am having lip sync problems. Not all the time though. It happens quite often on Discovery HD and HDNET. But it happens on my local Boston stations too (not HD). I have thought of one of those audio delay units, but since it does'nt happen all the time it would'nt be worth getting.
    I have HD DVR: HR10-250, AV Reciever: Marantz sr6300, DLP TV: Samsung HL-R6168W. Any ideas for a fix? Ihave talked to different techies from these companies and they blame the each other.
    I also have a DVD player....There is no problem with lip sync when DVD's are playing.

2. RayH

RayH New Member

Jul 14, 2003
    I have the same problem. I have had Directv out and they are trying to tell me it is a problem with the network broadcaster. I don't believe them but i did go to see HD with cable and tehy seem to have the same problem (not quite as bad it appears but the same problem. They too said it was a problem with the broadcasters. Is anyone else having problems with HD and Directv. I am using a hr10-250 unit and have had it replaced twice with no results.

3. Vsm541

Vsm541 New Member

Jan 15, 2006
    I am in Boston and am experiencing the same problem with bad audio and video synch. It started to happen when I switched televisons. Going from a standard analog set to a plasma screen seems to be an issue. It also seems to gotten worse when I switch out my cable box to an HD box.

It is really driving me insane.

jw

4. fsponge

fsponge New Member

May 25, 2003
    Arlington...
    Same problem here, in Chicago. TiVo Series 2 with a Motorola HD box from Comcast going into an HD plasma, the video and audio get out of sync by maybe 1/2 second. It seems to happen especially on WGN and NBC, on the non-digital channels.